Apr 5, 2023

Hello! So I’m getting pretty nervous! I went to my local feed store and bought 2 female black swedish ducklings about 3 weeks ago, and today I accidentally put them in a bath that was alittle to warm, and they started quacking in their adults voices! But one was a quack and one was very raspy… which I know means make duck and I can’t have a male duck, which would make me incredibly sad if I had to get rid of one, ahhh, hoping someone could help me out who is more experienced at listening to duck noises? Thanks in advance!!! Or is it possibly too early to tell at this stage? Could it just be puberty and both are actually female?

If you watch the video closely, they both add making a noise that sounds like a female to me. So in my opinion, you have two females

I heard a more raspy one and a Hen for sure. Hopefully the one just hasn't gotten it's adult voice yet and will start quacking loudly like the other. That's what I thought I heard, hopefully I am wrong and they are both girls. Let us know how it turns out.

Hello! So I’m getting pretty nervous! I went to my local feed store and bought 2 female black swedish ducklings about 3 weeks ago, and today I accidentally put them in a bath that was alittle to warm, and they started quacking in their adults voices! But one was a quack and one was very raspy… which I know means make duck and I can’t have a male duck, which would make me incredibly sad if I had to get rid of one, ahhh, hoping someone could help me out who is more experienced at listening to duck noises? Thanks in advance!!! Or is it possibly too early to tell at this stage? Could it just be puberty and both are actually female?
Why can't you have a drake? they aren't loud like roosters.

Last edited:
I would wait until at least 6 weeks when they finally get their adult voices to judge for sure. One of my Runner Ducklings sounded just like a drake until around that time and then finally started quacking her head off.

Why are you concerned about a male and a female. The female lays eggs, not live births. So as long as you pick up the eggs daily, you won’t be making any more babies if that is your reason of concern.

I am shocked that you can find sexed ducklings at a feed store. Here in Ohio they are all unsexed as far as I know. You get what you get which so far I have always managed to pick out a drake and a hen. Much better for me than 2 drakes.

Back
Top Bottom