Are there any substitutes for Tricide Neo ( for bumblefoot treatment).

I have had multiple chickens with bumble foot over the past year. One of them had bumble foot on both feet but it went away without intervention, I had to do surgery on another one (it worked, but I hate causing so much pain to the chicken involved). I had another one that died of bumblefoot, and now I have a limping duck with a swollen bump on her foot.

The coops are cleaned regularly and the chickens and ducks free-range most of the time, so I don't understand why or how they keep getting infections. But I guess I should get to the question: What is a treatment for bumblefoot that does not require surgery? With each case I tried soaking their feet and applying Neosporin, but in two cases out of three had to do surgery. I wish I could get Tricide Neo, but I cannot find a single legitimate place that sells it. What do I do? Are there more common substitutes for Tricide Neo that I could get from, say, Tractor Supply?
Yes! Forget about Tractor supply. They don't carry it. Go to your feed store and ask for Bantixx. If they don't carry it. Order it. It's like $5 and works! My chicken had Bumblefoot the size of a golfball. I sprayed this stuff on her 2-3 times a day for about a week. ALL GONE!

Yes! Forget about Tractor supply. They don't carry it. Go to your feed store and ask for Bantixx. If they don't carry it. Order it. It's like $5 and works! My chicken had Bumblefoot the size of a golfball. I sprayed this stuff on her 2-3 times a day for about a week. ALL GONE!
Where do you buy Banixx for $5.00?
I've used on my dog, it's o.k. but it sure wasn't $5.00.

I would use that if you have it. The guy at the store said you can use it on your own skin for rashes and stuff. He started spraying his arms with it to show me it was safe.
Good luck. I'm just someone who doesn't like watching animals suffer but I know
my limitations on animal care with cutting on them. I can't do stuff like that.
Again,I hope it works for your chicken like it did mine.

Did you wrap the feet after spraying? Just curious. I am currently doing Tricide-neo and its working but expensive.

Back
Top Bottom