Are these 2 ducks both magpies?

dcannao

In the Brooder
Dec 5, 2016

Hi All,
I'm new to this forum and to ducks. I currently have 4 ducks in my yard. 1 Khaki Campbell drake, 1 call female, and I think 2 female magpies but I'm not sure after looking at pics online. The white female has also been laying an egg a day for the past 3 weeks. However, my drake has only been here for 1 week and I have witnessed some breeding. So I have 2 questions...1. Are they both magpies? 2. Can she begin producing fertile eggs now that breeding has occurred? Any/ all feedback is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to BYC.
welcome-byc.gif

They both look like hatchery quality magpies. Not sure if you girls eggs are fertile yet, you might want to wait a couple of weeks if you want to hatch eggs. If not, then they will be fine to eat either way.

Last edited:
Hello there, and welcome to the wonderful world of Backyard Chickens! I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

G’Day from down under dcannao
frow.gif
Welcome!

Sorry, I know nothing about ducks but yours sure are cute!

I just wanted to say that I hope you enjoy BYC; not only is it overflowing with lots of useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures about chickens, turkeys, duck, quail, Peas and pretty much any other feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom