Arizona Chickens

We did try what demo does in his run.. He uses hard cloth wire about 2 inches above the grass, moves it so they will have grass growing threw the wire, then moves it to the other side. It did not work for us, they kept kicking all the hay & tree debris all over it.. I might need to make it taller & take out the debrie in the run.. Maybe he can post up photos. Hope this makes sense.. It is a great idea,

As much as I'd like to claim credit for it, it wasn't my idea and I didn't get the opportunity to try it. I got the idea from @TheGardenCoop and his post on Grazing Frame Plans to Protect Grass for Chickens. He has photos and links to his blog with the original plans on it. I absolutely love the idea and am definitely going to try it when I get new chickens. As soon as I find out I'm keeping my house in the divorce, I'm laying down the chicken pasture blend of grass and letting it establish before I get new pullets or adults to free range.

Is there an App for this website? That would probably make things so much easier.

There is an iPad and iPhone app, available here. So far, there is not an app for the Android system, unfortunately. I use the Mobile version of the site through my xScope Pro browser and my phone and it works absolutely awesome.

This is my first time but I guess it has been coming around for awhile. very pretty artwork on our box and everyone adds their screen name to it so we know where it has been. Gallo has so many awesome seeds in there. I loved going to his house and seeing all the interesting vegetation. I would defiantly recommend looking through his goodies. would anyone be interested in a few saffron seeds?
Yes, YES! !!!!!! I would Love to have some Saffron seeds etc! =D

As much as I'd like to claim credit for it, it wasn't my idea and I didn't get the opportunity to try it. I got the idea from @TheGardenCoop and his post on Grazing Frame Plans to Protect Grass for Chickens. He has photos and links to his blog with the original plans on it. I absolutely love the idea and am definitely going to try it when I get new chickens. As soon as I find out I'm keeping my house in the divorce, I'm laying down the chicken pasture blend of grass and letting it establish before I get new pullets or adults to free range.
Is there an App for this website? That would probably make things so much easier.
There is an iPad and iPhone app, available here. So far, there is not an app for the Android system, unfortunately. I use the Mobile version of the site through my xScope Pro browser and my phone and it works absolutely awesome.
Ah, demo I meant gallo.. I am cracking myself up... Thats :lau funny..

Code:

I will be there.. I will make one of our families favorite tea's.
woot.gif
. It will be a surprise..
Dave I will bring our seeds as well.. Hope to see ya all there.. I am thinking the 4th of July for the seed exchange.. So save that date.. Along with some others dates... Also we can talk about the Wild Life Federation.. Our neighborhood is working on becoming Nationaly reconized for this..
highfive.gif
I dont know anywhere in Phx to meet? We will be in Tempe so somewhere that we can come from there and meet. restaurant or someone's house. its all good with us. I would love to come back for the fourth of July but we have a family reunion here in Tucson.

Code:
Code:
I will be there.. I will make one of our families favorite tea's.:woot . It will be a surprise..

Dave I will bring our seeds as well.. Hope to see ya all there.. I am thinking the 4th of July for the seed exchange.. So save that date.. Along with some others dates... Also we can talk about the Wild Life Federation.. Our neighborhood is working on becoming Nationaly reconized for this.. :highfive:

I dont know anywhere in Phx to meet? We will be in Tempe so somewhere that we can come from there and meet. restaurant or someone's house. its all good with us. I would love to come back for the fourth of July but we have a family reunion here in Tucson. 

The 4TH will be fun.. It will be pot luck as well.. I will post closer to the time.. If some of you think you might want to come you can P.M. Us & we will keep you on the list for the invite..

Whatever works with your schedule on Friday.. Call me and we will work it out.. Also K9 Dave see you then...

Back
Top Bottom