Arizona Chickens

I'm planning on dividing up breeding groups soon. I'm going for NN/EE, Alohas and buffs/wheatens, and mixed crosses maybe. But don't think I'll be hatching my own for awhile. Not until late spring at least. I'm debating ordering some chicks of the last breeds I want to add like maybe some broilers from Dunlap, and some Buckeyes or Sussex, and just let my hens go broody and hatch eggs for me this year.... not incubate any myself. I've got way too many chickens and need to be careful. Things went to crap this last Fall and buying feed for all the birds became a problem... It was a wake up call.

I'm planning on dividing up breeding groups soon. I'm going for NN/EE, Alohas and buffs/wheatens, and mixed crosses maybe. But don't think I'll be hatching my own for awhile. Not until late spring at least. I'm debating ordering some chicks of the last breeds I want to add like maybe some broilers from Dunlap, and some Buckeyes or Sussex, and just let my hens go broody and hatch eggs for me this year.... not incubate any myself. I've got way too many chickens and need to be careful. Things went to crap this last Fall and buying feed for all the birds became a problem... It was a wake up call.

Sorry that you had a rough time of thing's up there. Good luck with your chickens, and your breeding program. I'm still looking for a completely cleaned necked NN roo now, and will be willing to pay more for him. Charley's still here, but I'll need a new roo for some of these new girl's that I have been holding back. I want to work on cleaning up the necks on them.

Sorry that you had a rough time of thing's up there. Good luck with your chickens, and your breeding program. I'm still looking for a completely cleaned necked NN roo now, and will be willing to pay more for him. Charley's still here, but I'll need a new roo for some of these new girl's that I have been holding back. I want to work on cleaning up the necks on them.
yeah, it'll be awhile before I have any that are near to clean necked available. The ones I have I need for breeding. You increase the chances of getting them when you cross two naked neck parents, just keep at it. :)

Back
Top Bottom