Arizona Chickens

I turned the AC on when I found her dead. Just went out to turn off the AC...They all looked very happy to have coolness in there.

If it is going to be above 100, I may have to cool it from 2PM till 8PM.

I have two broodies, but I have so many chickens, there is no way I'm putting eggs under them.

If push comes to shove, I may take some icelandic chicks to put under them.

Many of my icelandic chicks are roos.

BOB.... both of those roos look real nice... I'd like to see a front on shot of the blue wheaten. His hackles look better than my young one, but mine has better blue lacing.

Mahonri, ummm, which one is that? I can take more pics, I just don't know what colors are what. If you want him, he's yours. That was the original agreement.
wink.png

re: the heat, I've been running the evap cooler since it started getting warm, and they have shade and water throughout the yard, coop, and run, but they still hang out in the sun part of the time. Today I put misters up to spray over the run and part of the yard, well, with as windy as it is, MOST of the yard.
tongue.png

Last edited:
The heat is a big concern. We have open air coops, and doubt I could put AC in there, or that it would even be effective. Today I noticed the chickens in the coop with the bunny were crawling in his hole to say against his frozen water bottle. Poor things! And poor bunny! He was a little annoyed. I cut up a watermelon this morning and kept the scraps in the nice cool house. I took some out to the coops every couple of hours, hoping that the water and cool rinds would help them stay cool. They seemed to appreciate it. I think it was only 96* here today. I know we have a lot worse coming. I am wondering how many water bottles I can keep switching out in the freezer. I am sorry about your hen, Mahonri, but I hope that it makes us all more aware so that there are less losses overall.

Hello All,
Frequent lurker, infrequent poster. I live in central Phx and have 8 girls. I'm looking at a house in the Encanto neighborhood but am not sure how chicken friendly the area is. Does anyone know if people keep chickens in Encanto? Can't part with my chooks so it would be a deal killer if they are anti-chicken over there. How have other people handled a move to a new neighborhood and determining if new neighbors will accept chickens? Thanks.

does anyone here have any california & new zealand rabbits they want to trade me for some salmon fervolle pullets???? Please say yes. My DH is flippn out over costs and if I could trade some chickens to get them then he won't have a problem. If you have some I also have some very nice rare chicks I can part with.

I have some pure ameracauna chicks directly from WAYNE MERIDETH
also some orps directly From HINKJC

I am desperate people....

Please let me know soon.

You all, can you believe my first ever hatch that was so successful produced nothing but Roos? I have 11 DW and 7 AS. My second hatch of 5 DW and 4 AS is looking like 4 and 4 on the Roos. My goodness how did I get some many boys. I needed at least a hen to start breeding. Do you think I will be able to sell the roos or do I have to keep them for chicken salad?

79997_image00005.jpg

79997_img_7686.jpg

79997_img_7679.jpg

79997_img_7689.jpg

I know its a long shot, but I'm posting it here anyway. This is my son. He has friends and family in the valley.

3925.jpg

If anyone has seen him, please contact me immediately. Day or night.

Quote:
I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. I'll be thinking of you and your family and hope that he returns home very soon.

Back
Top Bottom