Arizona Chickens

Mahonri
Little amerucana chick is doing well! She/he (praying for a she since she was the only to hatch
fl.gif
) is eating and drinking and chirping up a storm. Her face looks sooooo much better, I put my 5 year old's tiny stuffed chick in there and a fuzzy sock. I think she will be fine, she's just lonely. I carry her around when she gets really loud, right now the 5 year old is holding her
hugs.gif

I'll post a pic when her face heals up a bit more.

If I could I would rather sell them than give them away just so that I am sure they are getting good homes and also to recoup some of the costs of feed for them and the other chicks
smile.png

So. Much. Painting. Fortunately, I'm running out of coop parts to paint. Things are getting two coats of Kilz for primer and then two coats of paint. Sounds like overkill, but you guys know what the Arizona sun can do to things outdoors. I got the nest boxes built today as well. Plus, in a nice psychological boost, I got the first 9 feet of wire on the outside today. The neighbors seem pleasantly surprised at the way the coop is turning out. They loaned me a Barred Plymouth Rock hen for a few minutes so I could test out the way a few things fit.
gig.gif
Gotta shoot some more pics and then post the ones I took last time.

Sold four pullets and two female chicks today. Beautiful birds I hated to let go of, but I need room for the Easter Hatch chicks.

It's back to work tomorrow...

NoSkiveez, my heart goes out to you. Here's hoping for a quick and happy outcome.

Mahonri, which one did you want another pic of?

edited cuz my fingers weren't working

eta,
wee.gif
wee.gif
for him being found

Last edited:
Bob's Henhouse :

NoSkiveez, my heat goes out to you. Here's hoping for a quick and happy outcome.

Mahonri, which one did you want another pic of?

I just saw on Facebook that he was found.
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom