Mayducks12345

In the Brooder
Apr 24, 2018
hello!!
So I keep my ducks ( about 2 months old ) in a enclosed pen right next to the chicken coop in my backyard until they are fully grown, well today I had them out with me while I was filling up a bin so they could take a swim. And I turned away for not even 2 minutes and turn back around to one of my hens attacking one of the ducks! She stabbed her with her claws right where feathers start down the leg and it was bleeding everywere ( I've wrapped it and it's stopped bleeding now ) but does anyone have any suggestions to how to get my hens to get along with my ducks?? They do not house together and have over an acre of free ranging space with only 6 hens right now

Have the ducks had time to see each other but not touch? If I give mine enough time near each other but can’t touch, they kind of forget about them and it’s no big deal. They only fight if they get to the food and water bowl at the same time.

Have the ducks had time to see each other but not touch? If I give mine enough time near each other but can’t touch, they kind of forget about them and it’s no big deal. They only fight if they get to the food and water bowl at the same time.
They can see eachother pretty much 24/7, cannot touch or get together though. I thought that the chickens would just ignore them since they see eachother everyday but I guess not :(

They can see eachother pretty much 24/7, cannot touch or get together though. I thought that the chickens would just ignore them since they see eachother everyday but I guess not :(
It’s possible it won’t happen again. But I would closely monitor it if you decide to let them out at the same time. And you could just have an overly aggressive hen.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom