Attacked

Homestead girl

Chirping
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Jasper Georgia
I have 4 White Chinese Geese, I do not know the sex yet they are about 5 months old now. Yesterday my Mother got scared of them when they were honking at her , she swung her purse at them before I could stop her. That just made them all go into attack mode. I was the one who got attacked two nice bite's . Now I have some nice bruising going on.
I was wondering does anyone else have a problem with their geese being very agressive? How can you train them not to be so agressive ?
I read on a goose hatchery site that you grab them by the neck when this happens and tell them NO! That it takes time and they will stop . I Wonder.........
idunno.gif

I was wondering the same thing Homestead Girl
1f60a.png
I have a 2month old male Toulouse that's started doing the same thing to everyone but myself & my husband. His companion of the same age is a Pomeranian female who is friendly as can be to everyone.
I'd like to get him to stop but not sure the best way to do it. Sure hope someone can give us some pointers.

Wow ladies -- I'm sorry. If you are having problems with babies, you will have your world lit on fire in breeding season. I'd suggest fencing part of the yard for them and keeping them locked up.
My sebastopols would run like little girls if someone swung anything at them!

Wow ladies -- I'm sorry. If you are having problems with babies, you will have your world lit on fire in breeding season. I'd suggest fencing part of the yard for them and keeping them locked up.
My sebastopols would run like little girls if someone swung anything at them!
They never forget either. When we are having anyone here other than ourselves my flock are behind a fence.

That's a great idea! We're in the process of making them an area of their own. Hopefully putting up a small fence around it this weekend. We only have 2 geese...Ricky & Lucy
They normally spend most of the day in the backyard which is a little less than an acre. So once I can get my hubby to finish their little sanctuary I'll get them in there when company comes over. Here's some in the process pics
Ricky the Toulouse prefers to be in the top pond. So when Lucy gets in there he pushes her down the fall into the lower pond
1f602.png
1f602.png
It's too funny!!! She just slid down, did a forward flip under the water, came up & just fussed at him like an old married couple! It was brilliant to see. Wish I had my video on to capture & share it with you guys
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png

That's a great idea! We're in the process of making them an area of their own. Hopefully putting up a small fence around it this weekend. We only have 2 geese...Ricky & LucyThey normally spend most of the day in the backyard which is a little less than an acre. So once I can get my hubby to finish their little sanctuary I'll get them in there when company comes over. Here's some in the process pics Ricky the Toulouse prefers to be in the top pond. So when Lucy gets in there he pushes her down the fall into the lower pond
1f602.png
1f602.png
It's too funny!!! She just slid down, did a forward flip under the water, came up & just fussed at him like an old married couple! It was brilliant to see. Wish I had my video on to capture & share it with you guys
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
Very nice, I can't imagine them complaining of have to stay in there when company comes to call. Great pics too.

Thank you :) And I sure hope they don't complain...they do like to be right beside me at all times tho so I do feel like I'm putting my kids in time out or something Lol

Well my four have a 1/4 acre pond all to themselves and 3 acres to roam on. They still go to the chicken coop every night to sleep. They stand at the door making a racket until I let them in at night.
They get along with the chickens fine. They have bitten my German Shepherd in the Butt several times, then stand there with a beak full of hair. They are getting better with the dog. I

I found this article at Metzer farms about how to train your goose
http://www.metzerfarms.com/Stories....our Ganders Not to Be Aggressive&CustID=21924

I started today. It really wasn't that hard. I sure did get the big blue eye look. But they backed off.
I will just have to remember to put them in to the chicken run when company comes over. Since this breed of goose is the mega watch dog of the goose breed.

I will keep you posted on my results with the training. and how many more times I get bitten.

Well my four have a 1/4 acre pond all to themselves and 3 acres to roam on. They still go to the chicken coop every night to sleep. They stand at the door making a racket until I let them in at night.
They get along with the chickens fine. They have bitten my German Shepherd in the Butt several times, then stand there with a beak full of hair. They are getting better with the dog. I

I found this article at Metzer farms about how to train your goose
http://www.metzerfarms.com/Stories....our Ganders Not to Be Aggressive&CustID=21924

I started today. It really wasn't that hard. I sure did get the big blue eye look. But they backed off.
I will just have to remember to put them in to the chicken run when company comes over. Since this breed of goose is the mega watch dog of the goose breed.

I will keep you posted on my results with the training. and how many more times I get bitten.
I have been bitten many times by my Embden till I read the thread here on goose training, he is a totally different gander now. and that is great you put them up at night, Protection is so important. I'll read this one from Metzers too. thanks for posting.

I told my Mother she should not have swung her purse at them. Cause I was the one that got bit.
barnie.gif
I did get the last laugh when my Mother was leaving , the geese saw her and chased her to the car .Wings flapping and all that honking . That little 71 year old women can move . She jumped in the car just as the geese got to the front bumper and shut the door.
lau.gif
I know I shouldn't laugh but she took the first swing with the purse.
I don't think I will leave them out again when she comes to visit.

Back
Top Bottom