Auracana or Ameraucana X Serama ? Pic attached!

4kidZ

Fluffy Butt Farmer
11 Years
Sep 12, 2008
N. Central Florida-near Ocala
OKAY.
I personally would never had done this, but I certainly wouldn't have predicted this comb, either. My brother in law just brought me 8 birds from a guy who is moving from FL to Costa Rica.

One being a Auracana or Ameraucana crossed with Serama. Don't know if the mom or dad was the Serama.
idunno.gif

Any thoughts on which it would be, and what the other would be. He has mated with the Frizzle hen (1 that came with the group) and she has laid 2 blue/green eggs. Can you imagine that mutt? Friz-acana-rama?!
hu.gif

oh dear!
ep.gif
Do you think the Serama to his left is his Dad???
15726_seramacana.jpg

here he is with the frizzle hen:
15726_frizzle_hen.jpg

edit:posted another picture

Last edited:
Leah-yes I know I'm crazy :

I really want the one with the frizzle. Jealous. Envious. I will have to go to mass now. Thanks.

yuckyuck.gif

Well, they are in love, so there are certainly more eggs to come. And can you believe she is molting and has been laying up to brother-in-laws move on Sunday and over to here on Monday??

They will be cute chicks
jumpy.gif

I see no araucanas there. An araucana is rumpless and sometimes has tufts (that look like a handlebar mustache). Doesnt look like americana either. Maybe just an EE. He is handsome though, does look a little like that serama may have played a part here.
tongue.png

Just noticed the leg feathering, none of the breeds listed have leg feathering. So someone else snuck in there.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Yep...definitely some Light Brahma in there. The legs are that off-green color so possibly Ameracauna x Light Brahma? BUT...then that would mean the comb of one of the parents was single...but...oh well...LOL

I thought so too, esp after going to the Ameraucana website, but the guy bred an Ameraucana or Auracana with a Serama...not an Easter Egger...

Here's some better photos...notice the feathered legs.
Enjoy!

15726__dsc6046small.jpg

15726__dsc6048small.jpg

15726__dsc6051small.jpg

~4kidZ

Quote:
Not possible..the guy has only bred and raised Serama, Amer or Arau and Frizzle. It is for sure a project that he started of breeding a Serama w/ the big bird. Nothing else....

Well, I have to say there is no way that that is a serama x ameraucana or araucana. First of all neither breed has feathered shanks. I have to agree it probably was an EE, most people think they have ameraucana because the hatcheries sell them as such, but are truly just EEs. Now there is a chance that the parent was a frizzle as most frizzles are cochins which have feathered shanks, which throw smooth feathered chicks. Is it likely a frizzle x serama?

Back
Top Bottom