Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi Guys!! Long time no see!

Quick question about ducks. I do a lot of work with animal rescue but that’s normally dogs and cats and I’ve only got chickens.

Someone wants to surrender 2 x eight week old ducks (Muscovy I think?)
Should we be Worming?
What food should they be on?
Anything else I need to know in case when I get there I feel they need to be removed immediately instead of staying till we find them a home?

I know nothing about ducks except they poo lots!

Oh and what’s the going rate we should be charging for them?

Hello fellow Aussies! I live in Victoria and I am wanting to rehome two double silver laced barnevelders cockerels and possible a Plymouth Rock cockerel.
If interested please reply!!
3EED1FD7-C762-4AC5-9D64-C73F29669CD4.jpeg

3032B692-BFB8-4286-93E5-26B1873CA44D.jpeg

4E10F331-AD2E-4572-9B8B-C9D7D81D1077.jpeg

Hi fellow Aussies

Merry Christmas to all of you :) I hope Santa has brought lots of treats for your chickens. Mine got cold lettuce leaf and were thrilled.

Today is my first day as a member on BYC but I've been reading it for a while.

Did you see the long-term forecast from the BOM? Quite a few heat waves coming up Jan-March. Mind you, the long-term forecasts are not very reliable, so perhaps it won't eventuate :)

All the best to you and yours.
Welcome Mary Janet happy new year

Hi Guys!! Long time no see!

Quick question about ducks. I do a lot of work with animal rescue but that’s normally dogs and cats and I’ve only got chickens.

Someone wants to surrender 2 x eight week old ducks (Muscovy I think?)
Should we be Worming?
What food should they be on?
Anything else I need to know in case when I get there I feel they need to be removed immediately instead of staying till we find them a home?

I know nothing about ducks except they poo lots!

Oh and what’s the going rate we should be charging for them?
Hi ya sorry i only just saw this post.
Food you can buy a duck pellet from your local produce.
I would worm them too use the same type you use for chickens.
Going price for a white female muscoivey is $20 up here but could be more down where you are.
With ducks looks for leg problems . If you see any that look like they are walking funny add some brewers yeast to their food.

Back
Top Bottom