Not open for further replies.

cjwaldon

Crowing
8 Years
Sep 11, 2011
Missouri, USA
My Coop
My Coop
Autosexing - exhibiting different characteristics between the two sexes at hatch. This trait breeds true from generation to generation.

For the purposes of this thread, characteristics should be limited to down color so that anyone with an untrained eye can still get it right.. Sorry guys, I'm excluding common breeds such as Barred Plymouth Rock. You may offer other types of autosexing (feather sexing) as an alternative only. Your primary offer should be based on down color.

SWAP RULES (this is subject to change, so please check back periodically)

1. BackYardChickens and the BYC Staff do not endorse this swap and are not responsible for anything related to transactions between the members.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to participate.
3. You need to have 20 posts in order to participate.
4. You must be a member of BYC for at least 60 days in order to participate.
5. You are limited to 3 swaps per week, starting from midnight Saturday night, Eastern time. (You can start claiming again on Sunday)

6. You must offer a minimum of 6 eggs. You may offer and/or send more.
7. Eggs should be available to ship within two weeks of offering. When posting an offer, please post if you cannot ship immediately.
8. Your first offer must be a purebred autosexing breed. You may also offer an autosexing project as an alternative.
9. If offering a project, you must clearly state where you are in your project, what to expect when hatching your eggs, and what steps need to be taken to complete the project to the end result of an autosexing breed.
10. If offering a project, you must be at at your third generation cross (F3).
For example, eggs from a RIR roo over a BR would yield F1 chicks. You are not allowed to offer these eggs.
For example, eggs from F1 birds crossed back to RIR hens would yield F2 chicks. You are not allowed to offer these eggs.
For example, eggs from F2 birds selectively bred for autosexing traits would yield F3 chicks. You may offer eggs from this cross (F2 x F2).
11. You must provide at least one photo of your breeders.
12. Be honest and follow through with your trade.

13. When each trade is posted, please PM or email the person offering the eggs to work out shipping arrangements.
14. The person sending pays shipping.
15. Eggs must be shipped with a delivery confirmation number. Please email or PM the DC# to your swappee.
16. Please include identifying information in your shipment, including your BYC user ID and what kind of eggs your are sending.
17. If the thread stalls for 7 days, please try changing your offer if you can. You may offer additional eggs, a different autosexing breed, or not less than $50 Paypal. You may not offer Paypal until the thread stalls for 7 days.

To Accept / Agree To The Rules:
By posting on this swap you are acknowledging that you've read the rules. No other steps are needed.

Examples of autosexing breeds:

Amrocks
Barnebar
Bielefelders
Legbars (including but not limited to Crested Cream Legbars, Gold Legbars, Silver Legbars, White Legbars, etc.)
Crele Penedesenca
Gold Cambars
Hambars
Niederrheiner
Norwegian Jaerhons
Rhodebars
Welbars
Wybars

~ (8/16 edited definition of autosexing) ~

Last edited:
i'm still down to swap with you but wouldn't be able until about second week of september. I'm sure my eggs are pure now, but I want to set for a couple of weeks to test fertility, viability, etc. eggs are getting bigger and bigger each week. first chicks are due in about 11 days!
Offer - 6+ Crested Cream Legbar - available 8/23 due to prior commitments

And a couple of their offspring:

BTW, thanks for trying to make this swap. a great idea. I know I am very into the auto sexing and would love to get my hands on some other breeds with the same traits!

Oh, and I forgot to say that I also have rhodebars but i think I am still six weeks off from a swap there. I have two rhodebars who are all red and one who has been lurking around the nest box so I am expecting any egg any day now!!

I think it will as more of us get autosexed breeds of laying age
big_smile.png
I can't wait to participate.

Other than Cream Legbars and Rodebars, what else does everyone have? Also, what are people working on, with ETA date
big_smile.png
? Seems there are not a lot of autosexed breeds here in the US
hmm.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom