tiki244

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Jan 1, 2008
WestCentralWisconsin
I have gone through tutorial and tried to change my avatar about 50 times with no sucess. Sorry if this has already been adressed but I have looked everywhere that I can think of and my computer is running super slow with the new BYC so if anyone can help me it would be much apreciated. Thank You

I wonder if the site is acting wonky because it is not really compatible with the server you are using. I think there was some discussion of that somewhere on BYC after the change over. I am using Google Chrome and the change over went smoothly for me, but I know a lot of other folks were having problems.

Here are a few questions that will help us find, duplicate, and hopefully resolve the problem:

• Did you receive any error messages? if yes, what were they (please copy and paste the entire message, screenshots are best)?
• What were the exact steps you took before having the problem? Please be as specific as possible so we can do exactly what you did.
• Which browser and version are you using (eg., Firefox 3.5.9, Internet Explorer 7, etc.)
• Have you logged out, deleted your internet cache, logged back in, and tried again?
• Have you tried a different browser?

Hi ~~ it took me a little while to find this. I am not sure what a browser is and what a server is. Are they the same thing? How do I find out what I have? I will go right now and redo the avatar installation and come back with some of the things you ask. :)

hu.gif
Well it worked! Hu Sure make me out to be
hmm.png
a liar. Well it took half an hour to do. I suppose I was being more patient than usual. Is there a place I can go to get help to speed things up? Maybe I should know how to dump the cache.

Thank You guys
thumbsup.gif

Hi ~~ it took me a little while to find this. I am not sure what a browser is and what a server is. Are they the same thing? How do I find out what I have? I will go right now and redo the avatar installation and come back with some of the things you ask. :)
Your browser is the program you use to get on the internet, i.e. Internet Explorer (blue "e" with a gold halo), Mozilla Firefox (red fox circling a blue circle), Google Chrome (forget what it looks like.... it would remind you of Google though :p), Safari (compass), etc. To find out if you should update, you can google whichever browser you have and check.

Delete my internet cache? That sounds useful if I knew what it was maybe I could.

Go to "Tools" on your browser, and click "Internet Options." On IE (Internet Explorer) 9, it looks like this:

Be sure the temporary internet files, cookies, and maybe history are checked and then click delete.

hu.gif
Well it worked! Hu Sure make me out to be
hmm.png
a liar. Well it took half an hour to do. I suppose I was being more patient than usual. Is there a place I can go to get help to speed things up? Maybe I should know how to dump the cache.

Thank You guys
thumbsup.gif

Glad it worked!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom