Avian Flu Vaccinations?

loofa

Crowing
14 Years
Aug 4, 2009
I've read that vaccines for avian flu exist but haven't been used yet in big commercial operations, but I'm not finding any mention of them in the various threads here on avian flu (quite possible I've just missed it). Were articles mentioning them incorrect? Do they not exist? Or is this something we could possibly get for our backyard friends?

I've read that vaccines for avian flu exist but haven't been used yet in big commercial operations, but I'm not finding any mention of them in the various threads here on avian flu (quite possible I've just missed it). Were articles mentioning them incorrect? Do they not exist? Or is this something we could possibly get for our backyard friends?
The thing is, ducks are naturally hardy to bird flu. Mallard derived ducks, in studies, can carry the virus, but very few show symptoms or die from it. Other types, muscovies, wood ducks, I believe are more at risk.
So if you are asking about mallard derived breeds, I wouldn't bother vaccinating personally. They'll more than likely be okay, especially if you enforce "lockdown" when it arises locally.

I've been interested in green tea for Avian Influenza "support" which is about all we can hope for-this is a well known study that shows "a significant antiviral effect in chickens" with 10g/k green tea powder https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0032579119401600. That study was from 2012, but here is a new one from last year, which also talks about H5N1 vaccines used on flocks in Egypt https://www.researchgate.net/public...AN_INFLUENZA_VIRUS_IN_VIVO_AND_IN_VITRO_STUDY.

The second study shows how the vaccines, like Covid vaccines, don't prevent H5N1, but they do reduce morbidity and mortality, just like Covid vaccines do (I will ignore all conspiracy theory talk). The addition of green tea reduced to the vaccine group further reduced mortality (to zero) as well as "prevent shedding of virus."

It's just info that people should be aware of right now with this virus raging all over the country-10g/kg is just 1% of feed, and that dosage has been studied in chickens before with no negative side effects.

The second study shows how the vaccines, like Covid vaccines, don't prevent H5N1, but they do reduce morbidity and mortality, just like Covid vaccines do (I will ignore all conspiracy theory talk). The addition of green tea reduced to the vaccine group further reduced mortality (to zero) as well as "prevent shedding of virus."
Actually, just like with Covid vaccines, the bird flu vaccines do indeed cause severe reactions and death-- according to said abstract. It is only the group that had the addition of green tea that had no deaths and prevented the spread of the virus.
" Interestingly, vaccinated non-treated birds exhibited severe post vaccinal reaction and deaths. GTE in combination with inactivated vaccine increased HI titer one-week post vaccination, and no deaths were recorded in this group."

Too bad the study did not have one of the groups receive just the green tea and no vaccine. Perhaps the green tea is like the ivermectin/Vit D of Covid.

Actually, just like with Covid vaccines, the bird flu vaccines do indeed cause severe reactions and death-- according to said abstract. It is only the group that had the addition of green tea that had no deaths and prevented the spread of the virus.
" Interestingly, vaccinated non-treated birds exhibited severe post vaccinal reaction and deaths. GTE in combination with inactivated vaccine increased HI titer one-week post vaccination, and no deaths were recorded in this group."

Too bad the study did not have one of the groups receive just the green tea and no vaccine. Perhaps the green tea is like the ivermectin/Vit D of Covid.
Of course, but like with any vaccine, there are risks and benefits you have to weigh up. Shockingly I'm still alive after mine, just like the vast majority of folks.
Let's not turn this into a debate about human vaccines and stick to the topic of bird flu.

Back
Top Bottom