Babies incoming!

MamaBirds_Quail

Chirping
Aug 25, 2022
39ABC452-9684-46B8-A57E-3410D94208AE.jpeg

First pip on my first home bred eggs! šŸ¤—

I have 4 on day 17ā€¦ and I may have also thrown in the solid blue egg I found 4 days later šŸ¤­ and a companion so Iā€™ll have potentially 6 bubbas by next week!

I believe all 4 of these first clutch are from the same hen, though I donā€™t know which hen šŸ˜… parent colors are: scarlett, Tibetan tuxedo, Pearl fee, falb fee, and possibly a Manchurian fee? ā€” that trio came with the pearls, but heā€™s got no spots and a red head.

Congrats it so fun watching the first pip and see them fight for survival.
Weā€™ve lost SO many bubbas this year (rats attacking the coop) that I may or may not have given the eggs ā€œsafety holesā€ to make sure they donā€™t drown šŸ™ˆ

Iā€™m somehow live and let live with my human children, but the most atrocious helicopter mama with my quail. šŸ¤£ bless their little dum dum hearts ā¤ļø

94B7DC1B-6C10-4784-9BF0-FCBAE269F859.jpeg

Theyā€™re here! We had two DIS (they seemed to pip in the wrong spot, poor bubbas) but these two are going strong and 2 days old now!

Strange colors though!

This one is a dark chestnut brown, but with big black polka dots on his back, and the same wild black marks around his eyes that my Pearl babies had at this age. His underside and wing tips are a lighter golden color also and heā€™s got dark legs and white tie tipsā€¦ is this red range?
9C2E1590-5E8F-49AA-8AC5-BC7A979887C3.jpeg

F2A5BF32-3153-4889-AF64-40765A306A24.jpeg

this one this one is EB and Roux for sure, sheā€™s got brown legs and toes with white toe tips, but has wild-type striping and tuxedo markingsā€¦ sheā€™s red and black on back though so, not egyptian right? She looks a bit like the rosetta we hatched last summer, only with more prominent striping.

Back
Top Bottom