Baby chick vent pulsing

One of our babies is doing the same thing. How did everyone else's chicks do? Is this normal? It even does it while sleeping.and is visibly smaller and less developed than the others from same hatch. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thx!

You mean...the little bum hole is pooching in and out a bit? lol..best I can describe what I think you are saying. If so..it's not a problem if you aren't seeing poo stuck on feathers. In any case, I would still be on the watch out for pasty butt in the future.

No it's like she's dancing with a pulsing backside not specifically the vent. No pasty butt, we've been watching closely. She was named Cindy and is sooo cute and friendly, I hope everything is ok.

One of our babies is doing the same thing. How did everyone else's chicks do? Is this normal? It even does it while sleeping.and is visibly smaller and less developed than the others from same hatch. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thx!
I have one in my new flock of 6 that has been doing it since day one and she's now 3 weeks. Like everyone has said she is smaller than the others and sleeps more. She's one of 4 Bantams, almost half their size. She runs around with the others just fine and doesn't let any of them push her around. Eating, drinking and pooping fine it's just the size, sleeping and pulsing. I'm dying to hear if all these other chicks made it ok!

I have one in my new flock of 6 that has been doing it since day one and she's now 3 weeks. Like everyone has said she is smaller than the others and sleeps more. She's one of 4 Bantams, almost half their size. She runs around with the others just fine and doesn't let any of them push her around. Eating, drinking and pooping fine it's just the size, sleeping and pulsing. I'm dying to hear if all these other chicks made it ok!
I had the exact same thing happening with one of my bantam chicks when she was very young. She is now 1.5 years old 😊 I still notice her vent pulsing every once in a while now that she’s an adult! I’m not sure what causes this but my chick made it just fine.

Back
Top Bottom