Baby quail falling down/unbalanced..? Hen has the same problem too.

Tea_Birbs

In the Brooder
Aug 4, 2021
Hey, we recently hatched out a batch of quails in two incubators. It was around 60 eggs and only 25 hatchings, we had a few casualties along the way. The chicks are about 3 days old and we have noticed one particularly wobbly, he has 0 coordination and doesn't walk. His legs seem perfectly fine and do stand when given some extra help. we used two incubators but one seemed faulty in producing quail. is it possible for the little guy to be deformed/ have some kind of neurological problem because of possibly being in a faulty incubator (we aren't exactly sure if he did originate from the faulty one but it is a possibility!) we are super new to all of this, we started around a year ago. He is the only one that's acting like this and we have done everything perfectly fine in his upbringing. Another cause of this wobbly nonsense is that one of our quail hens has something similar, but the majority less severe. she just has some casual fall every now and then. there's a chance she is the parent of the younger wobbly quail. what percentage could some genetic problem be passed down like this and what could this be? whether or not these two are related or not. Everyone is completely healthy and 100% happy. so I'm just really confused? can anyone help identify these two problems? let me know if you need any more info. anything is much appreciated.

Anything is possible. Incubation issues: (temperature, humidity, turning), age and storage and handling of eggs, breeder nutrition prior to collection, age of breeders, mycotoxins, contaminated eggs, development accidents, et. al.
I would be ready to send a bird to your state poultry diagnostic lab, should you lose one.

Back
Top Bottom