Pics

Oob Child

Crowing
May 13, 2023
What can I give to my baby jumbo coturnix quail to compliment chicken starter seed? I wasn’t aware that they needed more than chicken chicks and only just read that they need more. Do they actually need more, or are they ok as is?

What can I give to my baby jumbo coturnix quail to compliment chicken starter seed? I wasn’t aware that they needed more than chicken chicks and only just read that they need more. Do they actually need more, or are they ok as is?
They need a lot more protein than chicken chicks. Look for a gamebird or turkey starter for them. If you are lucky, they may survive on the chicken feed, but they won't thrive. It is more likely that they will begin to suffer health issues then die.

They need a lot more protein than chicken chicks. Look for a gamebird or turkey starter for them. If you are lucky, they may survive on the chicken feed, but they won't thrive. It is more likely that they will begin to suffer health issues then die.
Are there any other solutions that I can solve using human food? I can't afford anything else and I love my quail!

Are there any other solutions that I can solve using human food? I can't afford anything else and I love my quail!
The yolk of a hard boiled eggs is a pretty common choice, but if you're able to I'd definitely try to get some of the actual game bird starter for them. The 10 pound bag of it from Purina is $13 at tractor supply, and the 40 pound bag is $27. Its pretty affordable, just not from Amazon. Don't understand why its so much more expensive there vs tractor supply

The yolk of a hard boiled eggs is a pretty common choice, but if you're able to I'd definitely try to get some of the actual game bird starter for them. The 10 pound bag of it from Purina is $13 at tractor supply, and the 40 pound bag is $27. Its pretty affordable, just not from Amazon. Don't understand why its so much more expensive there vs tractor supply
Shipping

It adds a good bit at that weight, but not that much, especially non fragile items. Look at the total to ship the 40 pound bag from tractor supply, and then the total to ship it from Amazon. The difference is about $25, basically the cost of a whole bag if you pick it up yourself. Its the company selling it through Amazon taking advantage of those who might not know to look somewhere else online, not shipping being more expensive

It adds a good bit at that weight, but not that much, especially non fragile items. Look at the total to ship the 40 pound bag from tractor supply, and then the total to ship it from Amazon. The difference is about $25, basically the cost of a whole bag if you pick it up yourself. Its the company selling it through Amazon taking advantage of those who might not know to look somewhere else online, not shipping being more expensive
Amazon is good at taking advantage of people who can't or won't go to a store for stuff.

Back
Top Bottom