Back in the day...

Did you pick up any odd jobs along the way?
I do a fair amount of build and handyman work as my norm. At the moment I am scrambling to finish three projects AND my own a pole shed "cathedral" to house cages for breeding, bachelor pad and isolation before the snow hits the ground.

I get asked all the time but at the moment my response would be "Next spring".

I do a fair amount of build and handyman work as my norm. At the moment I am scrambling to finish three projects AND my own a pole shed "cathedral" to house cages for breeding, bachelor pad and isolation before the snow hits the ground.

I get asked all the time but at the moment my response would be "Next spring".
That's funny, they just opened a love's on the small interstate that splits my small (7000 people in a pretty large area not including transient farm/aquaculture/sugarcane/crawfish/ racetrack workers) well loves is now closer and cheaper than either Lowes or Walmart ( only local owned place to buy it is out until end of next week) so I went and got canned 2 stroke mix .and this is what I drove up too

Apparently they drove it there to air tires but ended up needing to change one

Attachments

• 20230916_122200.jpg
    20230916_122200.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 9
Well, unless you have a horse and buggy.
Yes but...

Except in those locales where folks otherwise keep horse and buggies it is unlikely that one will see such deliveries. Many more tractors around so...

Having said that I think my tractor goes about 11mph in high gear throttle wide open so lots of time to smell the roses while delivering...

Thanks to @21hens-incharge for putting this where it belonged,

Last edited:
Yes but...

Except in those locals where folks otherwise keep horse and buggies it is unlikely that one will see such deliveries. Many more tractors around so...

Having said that I think my tractor goes about 11mph in high gear throttle wide open so lots of time to smell the roses while delivering...

Thanks to @21hens-incharge for putting this where it belonged,
Good for you, that sounds like fun! Do they have tractor pulls where you are? Our local volunteer fire department hosts several each year for fundraising and coming up in october they have the big one with trucks too. They are so loud!! since it's in a field near my house but thankfully my RIR chickens are pretty mellow and don't even seem to be bothered by it plus it's for a good cause. It's the larger farm tractors they use and it usually gets pretty high attendance. I love seeing the older style/antique tractors people bring, reminds me of growing up on the farm. I have two smaller john deere now for mowing, I've often considered driving to the local country store on one of them. I don't think anyone would find it out of place around here. LOL.

@DLA There is a tractor pull once per year about 10km away. As you say the tractors are the big ones. Mine is a 1988 19hp Kubota, great little machine but limited in what it can pull.
Cool! My neighbor has a Kubota but his is a little bigger with a front loader, nice tractor. Mine are low to mid 20's hp range. I had a bigger one I inherited from my dad with front loader and 3 point hitch with a big tiller on the back but I'm short and getting older so I traded it in for something more my size.

Back
Top Bottom