Backyard Brahmas!!

highfive.gif
Glad to hear it
clap.gif

Good job

Just to give everyone an update.  I feel like I can definitively say that the 8 month old pullet has pulled through, she is now spending time outside of the coop (although she does not like being alone out there...she's very skittish right now).  She is standing upright, using her neck appropriately, eating and drinking fine, even manages to give the chicks that I've tried to put with her a peck or two for good measure.  I am so happy that she made it through this!  She is even acting like she's thinking about laying an egg, but hasn't laid one yet.

:weee

Great news!!!!

Just to give everyone an update.  I feel like I can definitively say that the 8 month old pullet has pulled through, she is now spending time outside of the coop (although she does not like being alone out there...she's very skittish right now).  She is standing upright, using her neck appropriately, eating and drinking fine, even manages to give the chicks that I've tried to put with her a peck or two for good measure.  I am so happy that she made it through this!  She is even acting like she's thinking about laying an egg, but hasn't laid one yet.

:weee

That's so awesome to hear!!!! :D

Hi guys!
I am looking for female Buff Brahma chicks.
Does anyone know where I can find them if so that would be great as I have been desperately looking for some,
I would be super happy for any help. :)

Just to give everyone an update. I feel like I can definitively say that the 8 month old pullet has pulled through, she is now spending time outside of the coop (although she does not like being alone out there...she's very skittish right now). She is standing upright, using her neck appropriately, eating and drinking fine, even manages to give the chicks that I've tried to put with her a peck or two for good measure. I am so happy that she made it through this! She is even acting like she's thinking about laying an egg, but hasn't laid one yet.

wee.gif
We are so happy to hear that.

Does anyone maintain or has access to a Light Brahma growth chart? I have 4 chicks that turn 3 weeks old today. Strongest one weighs 160 gms and the weakest one is 138 gm. I just want to make sure they are above the avg weights for their age. Here is my 3 weeks old Chewie:

Just to give everyone an update. I feel like I can definitively say that the 8 month old pullet has pulled through, she is now spending time outside of the coop (although she does not like being alone out there...she's very skittish right now). She is standing upright, using her neck appropriately, eating and drinking fine, even manages to give the chicks that I've tried to put with her a peck or two for good measure. I am so happy that she made it through this! She is even acting like she's thinking about laying an egg, but hasn't laid one yet.

wee.gif

great news!
yesss.gif

Looks like two pullets and a cockerel to me. Let us know when you know for sure, we like to keep track of our %.
x2

wee.gif
Good news. I´m sure she´ll resume laying for you once she´s feeling fit again. How are the wounds? Closed over now?

Dang i wish these chickens would lay me an egg. They were all born nov 22. The boys are definately doing their part. At what age did every1 elses brahmas start laying? Im getting low on flock raiser. The laying mash is 40% cheaper. I dont want to have to buy another bag of flock raiser this close to laying. Idk

Back
Top Bottom