Backyard Chicken ZYFEND A

mariesterful

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 20, 2017
Monore, Washington
Hello there. I have some ZYFEND A and wondering if it is a preventative or is it to get rid of worms? My girls dont have worms but wondered if I can use this for preventative? Is there egg withdrawal for this? TIA!

What does your bottle say?
I'm not that familiar with this product, so can't say how "effective" it would be. Doing a little reading, it does not claim to be a de-wormer - it's an ""All-natural formula designed specifically to aid in improving poultry performance in the presence of internal parasites, or worms""

I cannot say if it would work as a "preventative" either, you would need to do some research to determine if this is a product you want to use. I don't necessarily see any harm with it, but nothing is going to take the place of keeping the coop and run relatively clean and manure under control, as well as providing fresh clean water and feed.

There's no way to know for certain whether your chickens have worms or not without having a fecal float performed by a vet.

""Helps Offset Worm Related Issues With No Egg Discard!""
http://www.dbcagproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/Zyfend_A_Sell_Sheet_2017_VFD.pdf
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...-experience-with-zyfend-as-a-dewormer.765348/

Flock management and worm information
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2015/11/control-treatment-of-worms-in-chickens.html

Last edited:
Good afternoon and sorry for the delay in catching up on your questions!
We are a small company that has been providing all natural health solutions for millions of chicks, pullets and laying hens, including organic certified flocks that cannot use medications, antibiotics nor synthetic wormers that are not labeled for use in layers.
About 5 years ago one of our large customers came to us and asked us to build a product that they could use in their organic flocks that were out on soil to help them target intestinal worms.
We built Zyfend A, which they tested for over 9 months.
They have been using the product since that time and have been informing other organic producers that there is now a product that can be approved for them to use in their organic flocks.
It should be added to every gallon of water 1 week out of every month, year round, according to label directions starting at any time, even when worms are present.

And you do not have to throw away eggs nor wait for a withdrawal on meat birds.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any additional questions you may have at 717-951-8520. Ask for David.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

BYCHP David

Good afternoon and sorry for the delay in catching up on your questions!
We are a small company that has been providing all natural health solutions for millions of chicks, pullets and laying hens, including organic certified flocks that cannot use medications, antibiotics nor synthetic wormers that are not labeled for use in layers.
About 5 years ago one of our large customers came to us and asked us to build a product that they could use in their organic flocks that were out on soil to help them target intestinal worms.
We built Zyfend A, which they tested for over 9 months.
They have been using the product since that time and have been informing other organic producers that there is now a product that can be approved for them to use in their organic flocks.
It should be added to every gallon of water 1 week out of every month, year round, according to label directions starting at any time, even when worms are present.

And you do not have to throw away eggs nor wait for a withdrawal on meat birds.

Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly with any additional questions you may have at 717-951-8520. Ask for David.

Thank you for the opportunity to respond.

BYCHP David
Thank you for your response. I am still confused if its a "preventative" or is it to get rid of worms? My chickens don't have worms as far as I can tell but I still give it to them a week out of a month because I want to prevent it. Thanks again!

Good question. I suspect my birds may have worms. Therefore I began treating them with diatomaceous earth in their feed once a week. I am not convinced that the DE is working so I was steered towards zyfend A. But after reading the instructions I noticed it does not make it clear whether it is a preventative maintenance or a de-wormer.

Good question. I suspect my birds may have worms. Therefore I began treating them with diatomaceous earth in their feed once a week. I am not convinced that the DE is working so I was steered towards zyfend A. But after reading the instructions I noticed it does not make it clear whether it is a preventative maintenance or a de-wormer.
You're right about DE not working to prevent nor treat worms, neither does Zyfend A, nor VermX.
Use one of the following effective wormers to treat worms: Safeguard liquid goat wormer,
Valbazen liquid cattle/sheep wormer, Levamisole, Pyrantel Pamoate.

Ive HAD GREAT RESULTS

Attachments

• 15950141179557637888292457581976.jpg
    15950141179557637888292457581976.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 13

Back
Top Bottom