5ArrowFarms

In the Brooder
Mar 22, 2023
Hey all, this one chick’s eye/face was kind of pressed up against the side of the incubator when it hatched (and possibly had the shell scratch it as well when it flopped out). It was one of the last to hatch and also seems smaller than the rest. I’ve been watching it, but am wondering if it’s an infection or just tissue damage or something else maybe? Pic of bad eye and good eye.
Would love any help I can get.
2E9356E8-0B38-4539-B026-707A39431E40.jpeg
6B7D31ED-FFDA-408C-937F-BAE4400666B0.jpeg

How long ago did it hatch?
I would take a warm, wet compress and try to loosen and remove any dried gunk, see if the eye will open and what it looks like. Go slow and be gentle, don't let the chick get chilled. It kind of looks like it might be a bit of dried yolk, but it's not real clear.

How long ago did it hatch?
I would take a warm, wet compress and try to loosen and remove any dried gunk, see if the eye will open and what it looks like. Go slow and be gentle, don't let the chick get chilled. It kind of looks like it might be a bit of dried yolk, but it's not real clear.

She’s 2 weeks old. It seemed more damaged when I moved her to brooder & it wasn’t opening all the way without help. It still doesn’t , but it can. When she blinks it seems like the eye lid just moves weird. Maybe deformed? I’ll do the warm compress. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom