Bantam chicks. Breed and gender?

Chickentender321

Hatching
Apr 24, 2024
I rescued these two chicks. I believe at least one if not both are cockerels. Please let me know your thoughts! I also suspect that they are bantam spotted sussex but any ideas are welcome! They are 6 weeks old. I also want to know if they are Roos can I put them with adult hens for 4 weeks? I have other chicks that I’m planning on placing outside in their own coop but these bantams terrorize the silkie chicks I have.

Attachments

• IMG_6657.jpeg
    IMG_6657.jpeg
    640.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    640.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6645.jpeg
    IMG_6645.jpeg
    321.5 KB · Views: 8
Both are cockerels. Adult females will likely thump them which will help them learn to be good boys rather than hormonal idiots (they will still be idiots for a time, but hopefully less so). Can't speak to breeds as I don't know much about bantams, but speckled sussex the brown one is not. The gold head isn't something the LF version have.

Both are cockerels. Adult females will likely thump them which will help them learn to be good boys rather than hormonal idiots (they will still be idiots for a time, but hopefully less so). Can't speak to breeds as I don't know much about bantams, but speckled sussex the brown one is not. The gold head isn't something the LF version have.
They look just like my boys..OEGB 1 bb red and 1 creole

Back
Top Bottom