BANTAM COCHINS CLUB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone need some roos?

I love my Cochins but I don't have the room for them all. These are the same ones that hatched in January.

She, oops, HE will be 14 weeks old on Friday. We were calling her Buffy. Now we need to rename him!! He has now started to crow as well so if I would have waited a couple of days I would have had the answer to my own question! Problem now is I know I have at least 2 roos in my flock. I really hate the thought of getting rid of one of them! Of course it wound up being 2 of my favorite "pullets"!

I have 7 that are 8 weeks old today that I purchased from Orscheln, a farm store (not sure if you have one in your area). 2 RIR, 2 EE, 1 Black Sex Link, 1 Brown Leghorn, & 1 Production Red.
Then there are 6 that were given to us from my husband's coworker who has a farm that will be 14 weeks old Friday which appear to have been a straight run. One of them being the roo pictured above and an EE roo, which was just discovered too, and a couple of other EE/ cinnamon queens. I think the cochin may have some silver laced Wyandotte in it but I am not totally convinced the farmer knew for sure. :) I call those 6 my bag of skittles.
We are new to raising chickens and have been told it is best to pick one of the roos and pay with the others.

Back
Top Bottom