Bare Chicken

ChickForLife

Walking my Chicken
Apr 22, 2020
🌲Connecticut🌲
It is starting to get colder and Taco (my pecked chicken) is still bare on her back. I don't know what to do, she will freeze but nothing I have tried has worked, and when I separated one it didn't go well. :( Does anyone know anyway to grow her feathers back without the other chickens pecking them off right away?

Pictures of the hen will help us see how bad she is.

If you get pinless peepers, & put them on whatever chickens doing the picking, this should help break the habit.

Also a hen saddle to cover the back will keep the pin feathers out of view of the other birds.
20201207_140814.jpg

It is starting to get colder and Taco (my pecked chicken) is still bare on her back. I don't know what to do, she will freeze but nothing I have tried has worked, and when I separated one it didn't go well. :( Does anyone know anyway to grow her feathers back without the other chickens pecking them off right away?

You'll likely have to wait for her next molting period. I had an EE that just never successfully regrew her feathers after a molt. She had bald patches on her neck and back for an entire year, until the next molt. Then she looked normal again. During that winter she slept up under the wing of another hen.

Back
Top Bottom