Bareback Hen - Apron not working

I am definitely not the expert here, but it seems like you may want to rehome one of your roosters, or add some more hens. Are your coops/runs at capacity? What breeds are the hens that are having issues with overmating?

I would rather add more hens. My roosters are awesome (okay, I'm really saying I love them). They work together to protect the girls (watched them do that when a hawk stopped by for a closer look). Our coop is very large and there is room to roost at night. They free range all day. The hens in question are 3 Kosher Kings and a Golden Comet that is much larger than my other 3 GC's. (I attached pictures.)

So here are the pictures I attached:
#1) Our coop. There is plenty of room at night. (The bins are no longer in it and there is just a large bowl of water now.) This coop is for roosting at night. It gets locked up when everyone goes to bed and sits inside a larger coop/room/area where the nesting boxes and food are. In the morning all the doors open and they come and go as they please.
#2) Lizzie - just to show you her size. She is much wider (same as Jello and Thalia) than the others. They are Kosher Kings. Even the tiny Old English Bantam has been mounted and not even a scratch.
#3) The wound Thalia had. She got pulled and recovered.
#4) So I then got the girls aprons. Only to find 2 weeks later their wings were rubbed raw from the elastic that wrapped around them.

Peg

Attachments

• Coop.jpg
    Coop.jpg
    422.9 KB · Views: 11
  • Lizzie pointed out.jpg
    Lizzie pointed out.jpg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 10
  • Wound on Thalia.jpg
    Wound on Thalia.jpg
    474.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Lizzie with her apron.jpg