Barred Rock Rooster - Orinda CA

JenVila

In the Brooder
Jan 8, 2024
One of my chicks turned out to be a rooster. Unfortunately one of my neighbors complained and I received a noise violation citation from Contra Costa County. I need to either find him a new home or he will need to become coc-au-vin by the end of next week.

If anyone in the SF Bay Area is looking for a rooster or knows someone who can take him off my hands, I would appreciate it!

Attachments

• IMG_4421.jpeg
    IMG_4421.jpeg
    514.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4425.jpeg
    IMG_4425.jpeg
    922.5 KB · Views: 0
Just wanted to give an update here. After a full day of calling around to farm sanctuaries, animal services, spca, feed stores and posting on other social media platforms, my neighbor was able to connect me with a woman who will take him. She has a large property and has rescued several other roosters. So he will live out his days as a bachelor with 12 other roosters and be well taken care of.

I am so grateful that there are other animal lovers who use their resources and time to help other animal lovers out. I also wish that neighbors could be more neighborly and share thoughts and feelings freely without furtively filing a complaint and escalating the situation unnecessarily.

Back
Top Bottom