Barrel Racing!!!

15lparker

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
Illinois
Is there anyone here that barrel races?? I DO!!
ya.gif
Please post any tips, tricks, experiences, stories, shows, and any other Barrel Racing fun!!!!
smile.png

Last edited:
I used to barrel race on my freinds horses last year, but I am starting to get into english now. I was never very good at western, and want to try something new.
smile.png

Quote:
I DID... But when we lost my old QH gelding last year to cancer I pretty much desided that my speed classes were done.. now I just do jumping IF my daughter will let me away from her for a few hours... She cant just stay at the fence with her daddy
roll.png

I've ridden horses for years, but I'm a big fat
yippiechickie.gif

Barrel racing was on my bucket list when I turned 40. I was bound and determined. A friend hooked me up with a horse that was already patterned and off to the show I went

61628_barrel2.jpg

Look at that form! It's one of my favorite pics! What it doesn't show is that we were going slower than molasses
cool.png

I lasted about 2 months, and still have the scars on my shins to show for it. It is incredibly fun, I'm just not fearless enough.

Oooo Me me me me! I started barrel racin when I was about 12 and I'll be 20 in about a week and a half. I started on a 10 year old QH gelding that didn't know barrels and we learned together. Now I'm living with my BF 4 hours away and have my own horses. I've got a 3 year old appy filly I've trained from scratch and hopefully will start working her on barrels as soon as I can find a good playday in my area.

Total we have 3 mares, 1 colt, 1 7mo standard jack. As of this weekend I will be bringing my 2 horses from my dad's to live with me. He was in a really bad accident and will be in the hospital for about a year and then it will be about another year before he could even consider doing anything with horses. So the geldings are coming to live with me. One is my old gelding I learned on and the other is an 18 yo firecracker that is awesome at barrels. He just needs more manners and respect which I will be working on using Clinton Anderson's Downunder Horsemanship (awesome stuff!). Then I'll probably playday on him and run my appy in exhibitions.

I used to. I only did it because I always went for the high points. I had to do everything. I must admit my goat tying was very funny
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom