Baytril or Cipro?

Pics
Also, Baytril is the antibiotic that finally helped to wipe out an 8 month long reoccurring infection with my Pekin Duck hen. I ended up having to give a max dosage (wasnt advised to give that much but it was in the drug book and the alternative was a vet that had already advised euthanasia) after it helped a lot on the general dosage, but not wiping it out. Baytril isn't good to use for very long because it's so strong. It's a good thing you have probiotics on hand and already on board. I hope this gives you hope but I bet she's giving you hope all by herself. If you end up needing to use Baytril, it's probably best to toss any eggs she lays for a good while.

Also, Baytril is the antibiotic that finally helped to wipe out an 8 month long reoccurring infection with my Pekin Duck hen. I ended up having to give a max dosage (wasnt advised to give that much but it was in the drug book and the alternative was a vet that had already advised euthanasia) after it helped a lot on the general dosage, but not wiping it out. Baytril isn't good to use for very long because it's so strong. It's a good thing you have probiotics on hand and already on board. I hope this gives you hope but I bet she's giving you hope all by herself. If you end up needing to use Baytril, it's probably best to toss any eggs she lays for a good while.
I'm feeling really hopeful about the Baytril. I think it's the Hail Mary call at this point. I'm glad to hear that you had such great success with it. I've read similar things from other users on here too. My fingers and toes are crossed. If I can just keep her alive long enough for it to work I'm hopeful she'll recover.

And no worries on tossing the eggs. She's not laying right now, and I don't think there's enough sun in my room to stimulate laying anyway. And besides that, I don't care about the eggs. I actually wish my girls would stop laying. I've lost too many hens to reproductive problems. I don't even care about the eggs. I just want them to be healthy and happy.

She's still acting sick, but is definitely perkier than she was. She's preening a little and opening her left eye, so I think the ant inflammatory medication is making her feel better.
that's good to hear I hope she continues to keep getting better. I've got 2 ducks I'd do anything for. Plus 2 of my Ayam Cemini's they are my little love bugs.

How is she today? Have you contacted the vet yet?
We're in a little routine now.
I give her 50 mL of Kaytee exact made with Tylan water, and 10 mL of dog/cat food.

She's definitely still not well, but at least she's not cold anymore. She seems to be keeping warm on her own for the most part. Poop is looking a lot better. Not starvation green anymore. She's still pretty tired. Napping right now.

I have a call in to my vet asking about the gram stain and if I should give her the probiotics from the vet on top of the ones included in the Kaytee food. Waiting for a call back.

Here's our sweet girl today:
IMG_9515.JPG
IMG_9516.JPG

Back
Top Bottom