BCM roosters plz help which one should i go with

honorkt

Chirping
Mar 21, 2022
hello folks

I have 2 lovely BCM roosters, I likes both, Unfortunately I have to rehome one of them for 2 main reason. (fighten over hens - no space)
i cannt decied which one should i keep, however im up to keep the one that have Black copper marans characteristiec. as pure BCM.
1st rooster is shorter and have soild black breast while 2nd have splash red on his breast and thighs. both have same age 8months. they should be brothers but im not sure>
pic for first rooster
cgejb1.jpg
chkn1.jpg

2nd rooster
chekn2.jpg
chkn2.jpg

here when they 2-3 months old
chicknsmall.jpg

Definitely chose the nicest one. I had four at one time and let’s just say that I had an easy time making that choice. But I do think rooster number one is pretty. Also if you want them for breeding pick the one that you think looks the best so you can breed them and get exactly what you want.

hello folks

I have 2 lovely BCM roosters, I likes both, Unfortunately I have to rehome one of them for 2 main reason. (fighten over hens - no space)
i cannt decied which one should i keep, however im up to keep the one that have Black copper marans characteristiec. as pure BCM.
1st rooster is shorter and have soild black breast while 2nd have splash red on his breast and thighs. both have same age 8months. they should be brothers but im not sure>
pic for first rooster
View attachment 3416090View attachment 3416091

2nd rooster
View attachment 3416092View attachment 3416093

here when they 2-3 months old
View attachment 3416094
In the last picture it looks like you have 3 Roos just curious if you already re homed the other one.

The first one is definitely the best in terms of the breed standard, at least as far as I can tell. It depends how serious you are about breeding them, if you’re not too fussed then you can go with the best personality like others have said.

Here is the international BCM thread, it might be worth asking here, it’s where I learnt about my birds. Some really great breeders here who can give you some advice.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...er-marans-thread-breeding-to-the-sop.1122465/

Back
Top Bottom