BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

Pics
So, once the slugs and snails are in the beer trap, I could put the lid on the jar and put it in bin? Or release the slugs and snails into the green waste bin that gets emptied by the council every two weeks? Or flush them down the toilet? What should I do?
I think they die happily in the beer. In the green waste suits them well imho.

I think they die happily in the beer. In the green waste suits them well imho.
Yes that. They will mainly be dead when you empty the trap. We put them on the compost heap. If the chickens like beer-soaked slugs I doubt that small amount of beer would harm a chicken if it found one in the compost.

I am now curious why that is.
Slugs are more convenient as they are already off the shell.
Strange.
I don't know why. The internet says :
Slugs have a bitter taste
They carry more parasites
Because the don't have a shell, they look disgusting.

I think the last one can't be right. We french eat all kind of disgusting things without shells, ranging from gelatinous sea things to various animals innards.

I found a very short video I made the first time my ex-batts, at maybe six or seven months old, saw a snail, and I tried to get them to eat it without success.

I don't know why. The internet says :
Slugs have a bitter taste
They carry more parasites
Because the don't have a shell, they look disgusting.

I think the last one can't be right. We french eat all kind of disgusting things without shells, ranging from gelatinous sea things to various animals innards.

I found a very short video I made the first time my ex-batts, at maybe six or seven months old, saw a snail, and I tried to get them to eat it without success.

They were so confused the poor babies :lau . My French isn't the greatest, but did you say at the start of the video "who is going to kill it?"

Back
Top Bottom