BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

Pics
So, once the slugs and snails are in the beer trap, I could put the lid on the jar and put it in bin? Or release the slugs and snails into the green waste bin that gets emptied by the council every two weeks? Or flush them down the toilet? What should I do?
Once they are dead they are compostable! 🤗

My people eat snail, but we would never eat slugs 🤣.
It’s one type of snail only, isn’t it? .
I believe the escargots are a type of garden snails or vineyard snails.

Btw: you forgot to mention the frog legs. 🐸

Today’s pictures.
Waiting for a breadcrumb.
IMG_3365.jpeg

Abby and Chef
IMG_3364.jpeg

Yesterday taking a sand bath:
IMG_3354.jpeg

I think they die happily in the beer. In the green waste suits them well imho.

Yes that. They will mainly be dead when you empty the trap. We put them on the compost heap. If the chickens like beer-soaked slugs I doubt that small amount of beer would harm a chicken if it found one in the compost.

Once they are dead they are compostable! 🤗
Thanks everyone. This is my first time dealing with them. I hope Aussie slugs and snails like beer as much as their American and European cousins.

It’s one type of snail only, isn’t it? .
I believe the escargots are a type of garden snails or vineyard snails.

Btw: you forgot to mention the frog legs. 🐸

Today’s pictures.
Waiting for a breadcrumb.
View attachment 3626315

Abby and Chef
View attachment 3626316

Yesterday taking a sand bath:
View attachment 3626317
I'm not an expert but apparently there are in France three kinds you can eat- Burgundy, which is what you can buy or eat in restaurant, and small and big greys, which is what people pick up in their garden.
I ate a lot as a kid with my parents. We eat them roasted in oil, garlic and parsley. However the last time I ate some was as a thirty.something in Marrakech. It's a common street food there but cooked very differently, in a broth with herbs and spices.
@fluffycrow how do people cook them in Greece ?

Abby and Chef are very daint and cute. They look like tiny porcelain dolls! But i’m sure they’ll be up to mischief soon enough !
I had frogs legs once and I recall a tiny dish of subtle flavour in a wonderful sauce.
Haha, well that wasn't french then. We eat them fried with butter and garlic, and potatoes, and often in restaurant it's an all you can eat type of thing 😊.

I'm not an expert but apparently there are in France three kinds you can eat- Burgundy, which is what you can buy or eat in restaurant, and small and big greys, which is what people pick up in their garden.
I ate a lot as a kid with my parents. We eat them roasted in oil, garlic and parsley. However the last time I ate some was as a thirty.something in Marrakech. It's a common street food there but cooked very differently, in a broth with herbs and spices.
@fluffycrow how do people cook them in Greece ?

Abby and Chef are very daint and cute. They look like tiny porcelain dolls! But i’m sure they’ll be up to mischief soon enough !

Haha, well that wasn't french then. We eat them fried with butter and garlic, and potatoes, and often in restaurant it's an all you can eat type of thing 😊.

Oh I have no idea how people here cook them, I've never asked for the recipe, and never plan to. All I know is that tomato is used somewhere in the recipe

Back
Top Bottom