BDutch's bantam flock & natural breeding projects #5 🪺 🪺 and #6

Pics
:wee
Abby and Ini mini sleep in the coop extension with the other chickens. Abby finally overwon her fear and is accepted by the adults now.

Today just one tiny crawling lice or mite in the control rolls. Took away the poop board just to be sure. I didn’t go to the hobby-farmers store for the Finecto because the sky turned black when I wanted to go. A few minutes later we had a heavy rainstorm.
I was too enthusiastic last Monday. The next days they both slept in the tiny coop again.

Today was great for a mental depression. ☔🌧️☂️🌦️

Such a sh*tty weather. Glad I was busy and didn't have much time to get sad.

Abby was so funny today. She was playful and tried to convince Ini Mini to play with her. Ini mini probably told het she is too old for such a nonsense and didn't go along. Then Abby made a pirouette. Out of the blue. She turned around 4 or 5 times like a ballerina. Such a pity I had my camera indoors.

Ballet Perfect Loop GIF

This tread should to come to an end soon. It's no longer a breeding project. And Abby is the only pullet living here with the flock. Nevertheless if there is any interesting news I might add it here or post it in Shads or Manuel's thread. Thank you all for the support and Wonderfull reactions.

I'm going to miss this thread. It was nice getting an update, watching this cute little flock of wonderful bantam breeds evolve :hugs
The title of the thread and the forum where these messages are posted get a bit strange. But If there is anything worthwhile to mention I can still post it here. I think my flock with 7 healthy bantams who are confined to a run 75% of the day is not exciting enough to start a new thread. There’s no miss C here to make my life miserable or any boars going through a fence to eat my veggies. Only my husband 👨‍🌾 a mini pig 🐷 several 🐈🐈‍⬛😹🙀😻 a friendly 🐕 and some other guest like sparrows who come to visit.

Hopefully next year there will be a new breeding project with one or two broodies and 6 bantam Sussex eggs.

Hopefully next year there will be a new breeding project with one or two broodies and 6 bantam Sussex eggs.
I hope so too. I very much enjoyed reading this thread! It was informative and your chickens are delightful. I also learned about the cardboard rolls to check for mites.

The only sad part was poor Chef's disaster.

Are the Sussex the next breed due to the neighbor's Sussex :D ?
? My real neighbours don't have chickens, but I probably mentioned someone in my neighbourhood who bought some Susssx pullets. But this is not the reason.
I had 2 bantam speckled Sussex in my last hatch. The person I bought the hatching eggs from told me the hens lay through the winter period and are very friendly chickens.

The chicks ticked all the boxes to fall in live with. The Sussex were both more curious, friendly and easy going compared to the Vorwerks I had. The cockerel wasn’t bossy and didn’t crow at 14 weeks when they left. The colouring is great too.
So I definitely want to give it a try next year to obtain 2 or 3 small speckled Sussex hens.
IMG_3144.jpeg

I see, sorry for the confusion
No problem at all. Love to tell about my plans and why I choose speckled Sussex for my next project (if possible). And there is another reason I didn’t mention. Katrientje is the only ‘big’ (almost 1 kg) hen I have. I 💭think it looks better if the flock has a few more somewhat bigger ladies.

Back
Top Bottom