Beak Injury - Rooster Booster Wound Spray & Peck-No-More

Dreammaker

Songster
Mar 21, 2021
MA
Hi everyone. I have a pullet with a minor beak injury. Right where her beak meets her face. It's just a small amount of blood (1-2mm wide), not actively bleeding. I noticed it just now (it's starting to get dark so I don't have pictures). She's otherwise fine.

I wiped off the blood and some dirt that she'd gotten on it. Just a few specks of blood came off on the paper towel. I sprayed a clean towel with Rooster Booster Poultry Wound Spray and dabbed the area. Then, I applied a tiny dab of Rooster Booster Peck-No-More. For those not familiar, it's a purple-tinted "ointment" with tea tree oil among other ingredients. I think it's meant to help heal in addition to deterring cannibalism.

The Peck-No-More is somewhat fragrant. Do you think it being near her nose is dangerous? I'm hoping it's not going to irritate her airways. She seemed to actually calm down when it was applied. I was careful not to get it on/in her nostril. They've already gone up to roost and I don't want to bother her right now. Their hen house is very well-ventilated, so I don't think a tiny dab of PNM will have a strong odor in there.

Back
Top Bottom