Beatrice or Billy?

Dmay530

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 8, 2014
So. Cal
Hi! My 4 girls a are 15 1/2 weeks old. 2 of them are Buff Orpingtons. Beatrice is bigger than her sister Ethel, and has a larger crown which is much redder. Also, she's recently developed wattles that are red. Ethel doesn't have any wattles at all. Do I have a rooster in the mix? I've only been doing this since they were a day old, so I'm not sure what to look for! There's been no crowing yet, they all still sound the same. Please help!

It would be easier to offer some input to you if you took and posted photos of them - often what one person envisions based on a written description and what is actually shown in a photo are two different things.

It would be easier to offer some input to you if you took and posted photos of them - often what one person envisions based on a written description and what is actually shown in a photo are two different things. 

X2, and with BO it's very hard to tell without pics as both get wattles and redding of comb. Males just more so red

Thanks!! I will get out there and try to get some good shots of both Bea and Ethel . I sure hope she's just more advanced and getting ready to lay!! I'd hate to have to re home her
1f614.png

Ok, here's a picture of both of them.
Ethel is on the left & Beatrice is on the right. What do you think? I took more pictures if you need them!

Back
Top Bottom