Beekeeping

Butterprint

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 10, 2013
Denver, CO
I'm new here and curious if there are currently any other beekeepers around? I found some old threads, but it's hard to tell who's still here or not. My husband and I don't keep chickens (yet! working on buying our first house, chickens will be the first thing we get once we sign those closing documents!) but we've been beekeeping for a few years now.

Curious to find other beeks around, and wondering how it's gone keeping both bees and chickens for any of you who are experienced with both?

Thanks!

Hi Butterprint,

I'm in the same boat as you. I am a beekeeper (first year) and I am starting chickens in the spring.
Welcome to BYC!

Hi there! I also am a wanna be beekeeper. Looking at top bar hives, just saw the plans online yesterday for building these out of blue barrels. Going to cruise the net a lot about urban locations of the hives to avoid neighbor concerns.

Looks good. When I was real little, we visited an uncle that had lots of hives. It really got my attention.

Hi There, I'm also a wannabee beekeeper, I have chickens and turkeys and just bought my very first hive yesterday. Can't wait till spring to get it going, it's gonna be a long winter! Wish there was a beekeeping topic on this site. Maybe we should start one!!
smile.png

Two years ago I had bees in my chimney. I had to tear apart the top of the chimney, climb down, and clean house. I removed at least 30 lbs of homey comb and wiped out the hive. That was my first experience around bees. They are pretty intimidating when ticked off! These were pretty docile honey bees too. Any way, I've felt a bit guilty about that and find myself thinking about keeping bees for the past year. I've got the room for them.

Cheers, Carl

Back
Top Bottom