Beginner Broody or no?

Okay.. there’s a crazy amount of misinformation in this thread already, WOW. There is absolutely no chance she is broody at 11 weeks. The mouth opening just looks like throat / crop adjustment. She’s missing feathers because she’s going through her first molt, which ducks do once they’re fully feathered.

100% broody, is she making nests?
There is one nest in their coop, but I’m not sure who made it. I have 6 girls right now, and they all go in the coop on their own at night so I can lock them up.
I’m wondering, if she is laying eggs, if she’s stressed from me taking the morning eggs? Maybe I should put in a couple fake ones in there?
I’ve only been getting two a day from our two older gals. Yesterday I got three, but the day before my older lady didn’t lay, so I figured she was just a little backed up or something and popped out two.
When I was videoing, Flash didn’t seem to mind letting her sister mount her, they were unsuccessful, the sis just slid off her back haha

Okay.. there’s a crazy amount of misinformation in this thread already, WOW. There is absolutely no chance she is broody at 11 weeks. The mouth opening just looks like throat / crop adjustment. She’s missing feathers because she’s going through her first molt, which ducks do once they’re fully feathered.
Ok cool, thank you! I wasn’t too sure about the egg laying either bc I haven’t seen any change in the production, they should start laying between June and July

Back
Top Bottom