Bianca needs a home

Rosie0550

Chirping
Apr 20, 2019
Narrows, VA
0FE8F9C9-57F4-4EF2-A4D9-0ED6208C9346.jpeg
Bianca (Old English bantam) has started crowing! We can’t have Roosters- this has caused our little white Silkie to realize this is possible and now it is growing along with him. Given that they are bantams it isn’t loud, but still... We would love to try to find a home for them before they have to go to the proverbial farm. They were raised inside and are gentle as can be- Bianca is the red on the roost and 2nd pic shows our white man-fluff Silkie. We live in Narrows VA, if anyone wants them or has ideas please respond. Thanks BYC!
3B94CD22-854D-4C1F-9761-4F273B783407.jpeg

Thanks- I’ve tried figuring out by sight before.... I sure wish I could tell when purchasing , lol.... (you wouldn’t happen to sell & ship female bantams would you?)
No, I'm not NPIP certified for shipping out of state.

The only place I know of that sells and ships sexed day old bantams is My Pet Chicken. My route is especially hard and they don't ship well to me so my expected loss is about 50%+ :(

Amber Waves (sp) in California also does dna tested started female Silkies at a higher cost of course. Last I saw she was NPIP.. but am unsure if she is anywhere near the Virulent New Castle quarantine/euthanasia zone.

Hmm.. I have one more source... gotta think about who... it's a byc'er.. @FishMtFarm, I think. :fl

Thanks.... given that I live in VA, I think I will have to accept the responsibility that comes with building a flock of bantams .. straight run is a reality and something that I have to come to terms with. Great lives for the roosters as long I can & a quick humane ending when that time comes. . Thanks for the conversation & leads.... I’ll check it out.

Thanks- I’ve tried figuring out by sight before.... I sure wish I could tell when purchasing , lol.... (you wouldn’t happen to sell & ship female bantams would you?)
Cackle has a bantam pullet deal, for either 5 or 10 chicks. 80% sexing guarantee, and only certain breeds. Here's the link to their 5 chick offering:

https://www.cacklehatchery.com/bantam-female-deal-5.html

Hatchery Choice Pure Breed 1 day old pullet bantams (80% sexing guarantee). May or may not be assorted. Breeds can include: Buff Brahma, Dominique, Barred Rock, Rhode Island Red, Crele Old English, Barred Cochin, Barred Old English Game, Golden Laced Cochin and/or Red Cochin Bantams

I have some bantam pullets you can have if you feel like driving four hours and twenty minutes. I live in Wilson, NC. I can't have roosters either, but would give you 1-6 pullets. Most are OE, but a couple are Rose comb.

Back
Top Bottom