IMG_0405.jpeg
IMG_0404.jpeg

First, hay and alfalfa are two different things. Hay is grass, there are different types. Alfalfa is a legume and normally higher in protein, calcium, and sugar. I don't have rabbits but a quick google says it should not be their main source of food.

I highly recommend finding a local feed store if you can. Their hay is usually going to be much better quality and I've found their prices are normally comparable, if not better, than TS or Big R. I used to go to Big R for alfalfa and hay (I have goats and horses) and got some nasty cow manure filled stuff from them. Switched to local feed stores unless it's an emergency. I see you are in CO. If you are near Falcon, I highly recommend Barlett Hay. Never got a bad bale from them.

If you have a dry place to store it, I would just get a regular big bale. Those little bags of hay are crazy expensive.

And just a warning, I've seen on some of the local FB groups that the cases of RHDV-2 are starting to rise again in the state. Be very careful not to let your rabbit on grass that has any chance of wild rabbit activity. I think there's a vaccine. Maybe. Might want to look into that.

Back
Top Bottom