BIN 12+ blue and green bantam/LF hatching Eggs

Shalom Farm

Chirping
6 Years
Nov 23, 2013
Florida
Mix of eggs from 3 different strains. Majority of them are bantam bred but a few LF eggs. 12 Eggs + any extras. All strains are free of any health problems and have never had a medical or parasite concern. No egg drop, infection, etc. The eggs you receive may be any color, but what hatches from it can only be a blue or green layer. I cannot select out specific eggs for an order, it is a mixed BIN. You'll receive a mix as best as mother nature can provide. I try to include at least 1 of each strain. All eggs are marked specifically for the dam and sire of the egg, I know each bird inside and out so feel free to ask me anything :)

Strains you will receive:

Blue Bantam Layers:

Still working on their size, they may be larger than average bantams. Free-rangers, hardy, small to medium egg 3-4 times a week avg. Seasonally nearly everyday, they do lay in winter. This strain is being bred for longevity, some of these hens are 5, 6, and 7 years old and still giving 3-6 eggs weekly. Their faults include that they are more prone to be shy and do not bare small confinement well. They are flyers. Some may have muffs or beards. All clean legged and single combed. No lethal genes. 100% blue layers. Will be in a white or off white shell. 30-50% smaller than LF

Green Bantam Layers:

Same as the blues but a little larger, friendlier, and larger egg size. Some may have feathered legs or stubs. Very good flyers but also extremely personable. Pea combed and generally dark legs with white or red ears. 4-6 eggs per week. Bred for longevity but this is a new branch I am working on, so I can't vouch if they last as long as the parent stock (8+ yrs). No lethal genes. Surprisingly good small fryers. Faults with this strain are slower to mature, about 28 weeks to 30 weeks. This strain is prone to being at the very bottom of the pecking order and frequently get beat up, so please be aware of this. Even the rooster's tend to be pushed around. Will be in a Green shell. 50% smaller than LF.

LF Blue and Green Layers:
Friendly, large, good dual purpose birds. Heavy seasonal layers of nearly an egg a day, they do stop in the winter. Large to Xlarge blue or green eggs. Non-fliers, lazy, bare confinement well but also free range efficiently. Some chicks may have stubs or beards. No lethal genes. Cockerels are good fryers and exist happily with multiple cockerels or roosters. Faults are typical seasonal layers and can be dominant over other hens. Will be in a Green Shell.

No rooster that shows aggression is added to the breeding flock. Excessive crowers are not used. Most of the cockerels we've had are very submissive and we've never had a problem with any of them. The most dominant just pushing around the cockerels a bit. No fights, never had another rooster killed. All pleasant to handle.

I strongly recommend picking up eggs for the best hatchability and, due to weather in some parts of the country, I will have to restrict shipping on eggs for now. I will ship eggs again when it warms up a bit.

I've a batch in the incubator right now with 100% fertility.

All eggs are clean except some surface stains. Debris is removed. Eggs are not exposed to water. Hatching eggs are turned and stored at room temp until shipping.

Due to the variables involved, I can not offer a guarantee on hatch rate. If you're new or having trouble, feel free to contact me for support. If you would like a guarantee please order day old chicks.

Temporarily, because of the weather, I am withholding shipping from eggs. I would hate to send out an egg use to 70f and have it in a <0 warehouse and have you waste your money. You may meet me at TSC in Ocala (both of them), Walmart in Ocala (27th), or Publix on SR200 (both of them). Because of bio-security, I do not permit visitors until I am better set up for visitors. I've provided pictures of some of the parent stock (the ones cooperating). If you would like any more additional information please send a PM :)

Payment in Cash/MO only w/ receipt provided.

Back
Top Bottom