Biscotti

TinyRaptorDodos

Crowing
May 23, 2021
Wasilla, Alaska
Biscotti is the sweetest rooster I’ve EVER had, thought I’d share his story.

Awhile back my silkie rooster passed away, to take his place I got a silver spangled Hamburg rooster, not even 12 hours later he started a fight with our dog and got got. To take the rooster position I got an amazing Brahma rooster who was nice and protective of his ladies but he ended up favoring one of my original hens a little too much, her back was torn up and she refused to leave the coop. I tried again with a French black Copper maran rooster who was super sweet in his old home, but then he got here where he was the only rooster and became highly aggressive especially towards children. I got rid of him because I have nieces and nephews. Finally I find a post about a Swedish Flower cockerel who keeps getting attacked by the other cockerel so they need to rehome him, I took him in. I raised him with the upmost care and love and not even a year later he’s fully grown, not a single hen is missing back or head feathers from him, he’s never even tried to attack or bite anyone, he gets upset if I ignore him for too long, he waits for us by standing on a small hill and staring in a small kitchen window while crowing at us… and just today I didn’t give him loves right away so he jumps up on the fence (smacking me in the face in the process) right in front of me and sits there staring me. Needless to say I gave him a hug and picked him up and he was a very happy camper. Every single day I go out he runs to wherever he hears me to greet me (right now it’s snowy so he can’t leave the barn/coop area. In the summer he free ranges). I have no plans to ever get rid of him, he is the sweetest thing ever

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpeg
    IMG_5960.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_6082.jpeg
    IMG_6082.jpeg
    996 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0645.jpeg
    IMG_0645.jpeg
    527.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0651.jpeg
    IMG_0651.jpeg
    880.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0586.jpeg
    IMG_0586.jpeg
    421.3 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_8546.jpeg
    IMG_8546.jpeg
    503.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5113.jpeg
    IMG_5113.jpeg
    648.8 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4245.jpeg
    IMG_4245.jpeg
    400.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4251.jpeg
    IMG_4251.jpeg
    623.9 KB · Views: 4
Beautiful pictures and story. Biscotti sounds like a great rooster and should make for some nice baby chicks if you raise any.
Yes!! He’s a great father too, I had a broody hen last year a few months after he matured and he was constantly checking on them and bringing them treats 🥹

This year I plan to have him as the main roo for an Easter egger coloration project!

Back
Top Bottom