Insnesnakos

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Jun 19, 2023
New York
How often do they lay?
How big can they grow?
Are they friendly?

If anyone could answer these questions that would be greatly appreciated :)

Most definitely and I don’t know if that’s typical but my four austrolorps are like that

Once in a great while will a bird actually lay two eggs in one day. Reason being is it takes 23 hours to make an egg. Top laying condition and you'd experience it every third week. Never everyday. It's impossible. The poster has more birds and there is confusion as to who is laying what.
Nope. They double lay in my hand. No mistake and it’s not impossible . My kids also daily chart our laying of eggs and they have the same. Believe me or don’t but I’m not lying

I have 3 Black Australorps who are now 3 years old. There were very dependable layers, but slowed down this year, as they are... well, 3 years old. They are quiet, and I'm sure they would be friendlier if I had spent more time with them as chicks. They don't run away from me, but they aren't lap chickens either.

Even though I got them at the same time (from TSC), they have very different personalities. One is the "mean girl" to new chicks. One is "the dumb one." The other is the flock leader.

I have 3 Black Australorps who are now 3 years old. There were very dependable layers, but slowed down this year, as they are... well, 3 years old. They are quiet, and I'm sure they would be friendlier if I had spent more time with them as chicks. They don't run away from me, but they aren't lap chickens either.

Even though I got them at the same time (from TSC), they have very different personalities. One is the "mean girl" to new chicks. One is "the dumb one." The other is the flock leader.
Skinny New Guinea is my favorite ❤️ and she’s my oldest and she strained to give me two eggs today right in my hand at two o’clock. My birds get cuddles and lots of home made feed daily. I will always have austrolorps ❤️❤️

Back
Top Bottom