Black copper Maran?

BeaLee

In the Brooder
Apr 14, 2024
I got this cutie and was told she is a black copper maran, she doesn’t have any feathered feet though and I thought that was a usual trait for them. Is she bcm or maybe something else? Sorry pictures aren’t the best she’s always on the move lol
IMG_7888.jpeg
IMG_7893.jpeg
IMG_7894.jpeg
IMG_7902.jpeg

BCM don't always have feathered feet, though they should. What kind of comb does she have? It doesn't look like a single comb, and in that case, she's not a BCM at all.

BCM don't always have feathered feet, though they should. What kind of comb does she have? It doesn't look like a single comb, and in that case, she's not a BCM at all.
I’m pretty certain it’s a single comb but it is hard to tell from the pictures, she’s my smallest one by far and behind everyone else in feathering, comb growth etc lol.
The person I got her from said she hatched them all together and at the time she had rir, bcm, Ameraucana and welsummer 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’m pretty certain it’s a single comb but it is hard to tell from the pictures, she’s my smallest one by far and behind everyone else in feathering, comb growth etc lol.
The person I got her from said she hatched them all together and at the time she had rir, bcm, Ameraucana and welsummer 🤷🏻‍♀️
Could she possibly be a mixed breed? I wouldn't be surprised if she was part BCM and part Ameraucana, though then she'd have a smaller comb and a beard.

Could she possibly be a mixed breed? I wouldn't be surprised if she was part BCM and part Ameraucana, though then she'd have a smaller comb and a beard.
Maybe! The comb makes me think of that a little but definitely no beard. I have EEs her age with much more puffy face haha

It appears to have a pea comb, so I would say it's Marans cross "Ameraucana". I put that in brackets since they may not have a true Ameraucana, which would explain the lack of beard

It appears to have a pea comb, so I would say it's Marans cross "Ameraucana". I put that in brackets since they may not have a true Ameraucana, which would explain the lack of beard
Oh actually I think you’re right about the comb! I got one that was supposed to be at least part ameraucana from her but she doesn’t really have a beard either lol I guess it’ll be really interesting once they all start laying haha

Back
Top Bottom