Black Silkie Roo And Partridge Hen What Would Happen?

austincoopersilkiesies

Songster
9 Years
Feb 27, 2010
Downingtown Pa
I Have A Black Roo And A Partridge Hen What Coloring Will The Offspring Be?And What About A Black Hen With The Roo?
hu.gif

Quote:
A black roo over a Partridge hen should also create all black unicolor offspring.

ETA: Even if it was a Partridge roo over a Black hen the outcome would be the same. That is because the E/E or extended black allele is dominate.

Last edited:
I would not breed the black to the partridge if you are trying to get showable colored offspring. Blacks can be bred to blues, blacks, or splashes, other than that all silkie colors should be kept separate. I would stick with the black to black for all blacks. If you want to breed the partridge color, I would look for a partridge roo to go with the partridge hen.

Here are the outcomes when breeding BBS (AKA: Andalusian Blue).

Blue X Blue = 50% Blue, 25% Black, 25% Splash
Blue X Black = 50% Blue, 50% Black
Blue X Splash = 50% Blue, 50% Splash
Black X Black = 100% Black
Black X Splash = 100% Blue
Splash X Splash = 100% Splash * breeding this way will dilute your splashes, and they will fade more with each subsequent breeding.

Quote:
A black roo over a Partridge hen should also create all black unicolor offspring.

ETA: Even if it was a Partridge roo over a Black hen the outcome would be the same. That is because the E/E or extended black allele is dominate.

That is assuming that the black is E/E. The reality is that a black bird can be built on any E-allele except wheaten.

Does anyone know what a partridge roo over a blue or blue cream hen would produce? I breed for fun so i like the random colors. I have a blue hen and a blue cream hen with my partridge roo. I was going to add a white or splash hen in the spring. Any ideas of pics of what these crosses could make.

Back
Top Bottom