Black Spanish young turkeys for sale (Ohio)

TurkeyCraze

Hatching
Nov 3, 2021
In the spring of 2021, we began our heritage turkey journey with 3 Black Spanish poults. We were hoping for a mating pair. We actually had 3 toms who decided that they could not get along. We rehomed 2. One was very hard to let go as he was super special to us. The other one was a bit of a trouble maker, so it was a bit of a relief that he found a good home. At this time last year, I was on a crazy journey to find a Black Spanish hen, which led me to this site. I finally found a lovely young hen not far from home at a poultry convention. This year, we have 3 poults - the offspring of our breeding pair. We have 2 toms and a hen. They are beautiful and friendly. They love being around us and they are all well behaved. I am now looking for good homes for our "kids". When we started, we had in our heads that we would sell them for meat. No way that is happening. They are too sweet. Knowing that we cannot sell them for meat, we are looking for others who are searching for Black Spanish turkeys for their "farm". If you are interested, maybe we aren't too far.

I am located in north central Ohio and would be interested in your birds if they are still available. I currently have a turkeys (chocolate), chickens (LF Langshans and d'Anvers bantams) and would love to get started working with black Spanish turkeys.

I am located in north central Ohio and would be interested in your birds if they are still available. I currently have a turkeys (chocolate), chickens (LF Langshans and d'Anvers bantams) and would love to get started working with black Spanish turkeys.
Thank you for your response. I do still have Black Spanish. Are you interested in a tom or a hen? I am located in the Delaware area. What area are you? I am asking $75. I'd like to wait until after Thanksgiving for obvious reasons. My birds are very socialized and have a secure place to bed down for night rather than roost in trees overnight.

I am curious, do you have multiple toms? Any hens? We'd love to keep all of our guys, but the fighting is a little stressful for me and the rest of the flock.

Hi and thanks for the response! I'm an hour northeast of Columbus in Knox County, so it sounds like we might be fairly close.

No worries about waiting until after Thanksgiving--I understand entirely! I'm running a pair of chocolates, and 2 pairs of assorted turkeys from Porter's in a separate run. I could certainly set up another pen/run for a pair of Black Spanish. Well socialized and used to secure overnight quarters is a plus in my book!

Hi and thanks for the response! I'm an hour northeast of Columbus in Knox County, so it sounds like we might be fairly close.

No worries about waiting until after Thanksgiving--I understand entirely! I'm running a pair of chocolates, and 2 pairs of assorted turkeys from Porter's in a separate run. I could certainly set up another pen/run for a pair of Black Spanish. Well socialized and used to secure overnight quarters is a plus in my book!
Are you still interested in Black Spanish? If so, we can connect 740-957-4134 text or call.

Back
Top Bottom