Black To White Experiment

Pics
Just a theory.

Wondering if the mutation is like a Ptarmigan changing colors for the season, causing the feather to lose pigmentation to blend into the snow. Which the gene hasn't been identified.

Though the change in my birds isn't seasonal.

Smarty Pants is beginning to turn white now. Started at the back of her head, extending to the neck, & her shoulder. Getting pictures after I eat lunch.

Updated pictures of Smarty Pants.

Head
20221231_123132.jpg
Neck
20221231_123051.jpg
20221231_122947.jpg
Between Shoulders.
20221231_122914.jpg
20221231_122850.jpg

@nicalandia , come check out the updated Smarty Pants pictures if you haven't seen her update already?
I have.... The thing is. She is the mother of the color changing hen right? So she is older right? I don't think it's piebald. since three hens are changing colors at about the same time. I believe it could be something nutritional or something external.

I have.... The thing is. She is the mother of the color changing hen right? So she is older right? I don't think it's piebald. since three hens are changing colors at about the same time. I believe it could be something nutritional or something external.
What do you mean External? If parasites they've already been deloused a couple months ago, never had another sign of lice since.

Diet is high quality, no nutritional problems.

Plus I've already mentioned that the mother always had white down/underfluff, & white in her wings, & daughter has always had white in her wings.

Mother is actually going through a second molt, she already molted a month, or two back, heavily. She was practically naked.

Hen #3, Pea may not have the samething happening, but just wanna rule it out. Her's may just be a fluke in coloration due to this being only her second molt in life.

What do you mean External? If parasites they've already been deloused a couple months ago, never had another sign of lice since.

Diet is high quality, no nutritional problems.
I am not sure what it is, but she should not turn splotchy white(in route to becoming white) after her daughter(at least in age) she should have had that change many months before her doughter.

Back
Top Bottom