Blind hen, making sure not mareks.

fuzzybutt love

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Michigan
I found her wandering by tve side of the road, no one claimed her. One eye is completely poked out, the other is flattened black with a blue white iris, dot of white in center. The iris seems to be raised up. I think she got pecked and the white is damage, ocular mareks is the opposite where eye is grey with irregular iris shape right? This does not appear to be a recent blindness as she is adapting really quickly, even jumping up to perch in crate once I bumped her into it and showed it was a way up. No flinching at all when finger moved towards eye.
20240505_172111.jpg

Oh sweet girl 🥰 she's so pretty. Thank you for caring for her. Also, that does not look like a Marek's eye, but there are plenty of different ways she could have lost her sight. As long as she doesn't seem in pain and is exhibiting no other symptoms, she should be fine (with lot's of love, or course).

Oh sweet girl 🥰 she's so pretty. Thank you for caring for her. Also, that does not look like a Marek's eye, but there are plenty of different ways she could have lost her sight. As long as she doesn't seem in pain and is exhibiting no other symptoms, she should be fine (with lot's of love, or course).
Thank you, she is such a lovey girl.

Back
Top Bottom