bloody eggs

agooboo

Hatching
10 Years
Jun 16, 2009
OK I am looking for someone who can answer this one.
One of the chickens i have is laying bloody eggs. The blood is on the inside, and isn't just the typical small speck of blood, I am talking gag reflex total gross out bloody with a clot egg. The shell is pristine clean and perfect. The egg is smallish this time, last time it was huge. So size doesn't seem to be an issue. This is the second egg like this. I thought originally it was from a bird that has a problem with constant prolapse. After the last egg like that we dispatched "Lady Prolapse" She had another prolapse, and the flies had found it interesting and she was suffering. We thought maybe they were coming from her. Now she is gone and there is another egg that is total gross out bloody inside.

Can someone tell me Why? and/or How to stop it from happening again?

Thanks

Thanks tons! Those bloody eggs are just gross as previously stated! Those are both great links and i have them saved!!
big_smile.png

This is only the second time ridgerunner, i don't even know which chicken is laying the bloody egg. I thought i had fixed the problem when "lady prolapse" was dispatched, i honestly thought it was her. thought it wa the result of the prolapse problem. I was wrong. I have already gone and given the vitamins, i am hoping this will cure the problem. I know the vitamins won't hurt any of them out there! (Mind you all the hens are called by the formal title Lady. This is something my son started 7 years ago. The name that follows is normally a distiguishing feature, LAdy Bristols puffs up when one gets close to her Lady Loca is a strange bird that runs circles on a regular basis... etc...)

Back
Top Bottom