Bloody stool?

Ourgosling22

Songster
Mar 20, 2022
Central texas
Hi everyone-just when I think I’m getting a small reprieve something pops up. I found this in my duck/goose coop today. It’s not the young ones because they are on other side.(unless it was shot through wire but the poop is smeared on this side so don’t think it’s the young geese’s)
I couldn’t find any answers under ‘bloody stool or poop’ on forum but I remember reading on few about toxins or coccidia being cause possibly? I don’t know which one did it so would probably have to treat if anything all 6 or 9 in you count the 2 youngins.
What do I do?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.4 KB · Views: 21
Are you sure it's blood? Mine will take similar looking poops after they've been going through the mud.
No I’m not sure but it scared me. I smeared a little of it to see if it was ‘bloody’. The only thing I’ve done different for 2 days was keep them in the run
Gave their usual feed and yesterday I gave them grit(from feed store) for first time. They usually free range.
I keep a bowl of crushed oyster shells for them as well. Maybe it’s nothing I’m hoping.🤞

No I’m not sure but it scared me. I smeared a little of it to see if it was ‘bloody’.

Yeah, I was a bit worried the first time I saw some that dark too. The smear helps a lot in the picture. Unless the poop has a metallic tinge I wouldn't worry much tbh. I wouldn't guess it was blood personally.

The only thing I’ve done different for 2 days was keep them in the run

If they found some mud or soil to go through in there that can certainly be the cause. Probably just a little more focused digging than they normally would be while free ranging.

Yeah, I was a bit worried the first time I saw some that dark too. The smear helps a lot in the picture. Unless the poop has a metallic tinge I wouldn't worry much tbh. I wouldn't guess it was blood personally.

If they found some mud or soil to go through in there that can certainly be the cause. Probably just a little more focused digging than they normally would be while free ranging.
There’s definitely mud where they are so maybe that’s it. Hopefully. Thank you! Also that’s why I posted the picture with the smear. If y’all think it looks ok then I’ll feel better.

Back
Top Bottom