BLRW mixed with some kind of blue egger 🤔

Ash56

Chirping
Jun 20, 2023
San Antonio
Bought some Wyandotte eggs off a local chicken page and they threw in an extra egg. The egg was blue while the rest were cream colored Wyandotte eggs but I do know the woman only has one rooster so definitely a Blue Laced Red Wyandotte dad. What do you think is it a girl or boy and what breed is the mom? I keep going back and forth on this one. It is 8 weeks
5C13F3BC-AB4F-46B0-96BD-8413C18FEF19.jpeg
ADA950C9-5517-4B3B-A1B1-584F58263623.jpeg

I’d say cockerel, that’s a very red comb for eight weeks. The mom was some sort of colored Egger, because the chick came out of a blue egg.

Colored egger mixed breed is what you have now - BLRW x whatever breed the mom was.

I have some Prairie Bluebells x Production Red hens, and I call them colored eggers, or non-standard easter eggers. They lay green and olive eggs.

He's pretty cute!

I'm leaning Cockerel based on the comb, legs and coloration. Keep us posted please!
He ended up being a boy. He started fighting with my other rooster which was my first clue and then was caught mounting hens lol so we had to get rid of him. He went to a nice older man who was disabled and wanted a house rooster because his just died. I was so excited to find him a nice home like that where he can be spoiled and loved!

Here are some of the last pictures I got of him.

Attachments

• IMG_5880.png
    IMG_5880.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_5881.png
    IMG_5881.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom